First post - a couple of dragons not from around here!

jfb

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken earlier in the month in Calis beach, Turkey - on 1DMkII with 180 Tamron Macro, plus 1.4 converter, EF12 to make them fit
Very happy to post some more if you are interested and if they are up to standard...

Slender Skimmer - Orthetrum Sabina
8xB2.jpg

I thought this poor thing was deformed – pleased to say that I have had the offending appendage confirmed as a rather large “poo” – must admit it was a first for me, I suppose we take them eating and this is just a later stage in the process…
8xO1.jpg

Violet Dropwing - Trithemis annulata
8xR1.jpg

Nice pair in cop
8xCop.jpg

Was the flash hand held away from the camera ?.

Hi Mav - while I tend to use flash most of the time in the UK, these were all handheld, the intensity of the light in Turkey is such that you rarely need flash. A couple more for you…

8xR2.jpg

8xR3.jpg

8xR4.jpg

8xBrown1.jpg

8XO-Close.jpg

Enjoy - plenty more if you want them...

Wonderful macro's! Thanks for sharing. :)

Great shots overall, I particular like the last in both posts, saving best till last are we?

First last -Shocking! is this DragonFly Foreplay or a Brotherly Brawl
Second Last - This is truly amazing, looking right at the camera.

You have talent my friend.

Steven.

Thanks for all the great comments - I will post some more if the sun ever shines!!!

Go on then - Because you asked so nicely...

8XB1.jpg

8xBlue2.jpg

8xBrown2.jpg

Another of the might poo!
8xO2.jpg

A couple of in in-flights as a bit of fun to close, these were from Bystock Ponds, Exmouth - looks like the weather is getting better, will be out to get some more!!!! 180 macro plus 1.4 using manual focus - not easy!

DiF1--800.jpg

DiF2--800.jpg

Back