First Post (Masai Mara Sky)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3724

This was taken last week whilst on holiday in Africa. Got back and was pretty pleased with the result.

acaciaplainsmallog5.jpg

welcome
... and you should be pleased - very impressive picture
(y)

Lovely foundation for a bit of post processing work in Photoshop and you have a superb image.

that's a lovely shot as it is and it's crying out for a good B&W treatment IMO

Welcome aboard :)

thats not bad AT ALL!
:welcome:

Thanks for the feedback. B&W is actually a good idea which hadn't crossed my mind at all. I will see what I can do with it.

I know that sky ... :cautious: ... and it still looks as gorgeous as ever ... (y) ... nicely done imgo ... :clap:

:p

Well here it is in B&W. It was a bit of a quick job and I fear I may have gone a bit overboard with the HMS. Still, I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to post photo manipulation so any pointers/walkthroughs would be much appreciated...

plainbwsmallwe1.jpg

note: I left in the small trees on the horizon (which I cloned out in the original), can't decide whether I prefer them there or not.

I like the B/W version a lot better tho' I'd be temted to crop out part of the sky, especially the top centre cloud that the sun is hiding behind and possibly part of the loud below cos they look a bit blown. Leaving the rays emanating down from top centre makes it look spot on IMO. Nice capture.(y)

looks good in B&W and agree with frank about cropping out just a little from the top (y)

Oooh - now that I do like, especially the mono version. Mono + trees makes Minimeeze a happy girl :D

Back