First Post.......

Name
Lindsay Simpson
Edit My Images
Yes
..... in the birds section, I went to Dunrobin Castle in the summer and took some photographs of the stunning grounds there. As an added attraction there was a falconry display so I thought I would give it a go. Tried some with the birds on the wing but failed miserably. These were my best efforts advice and crit always welcome.

Owl.jpg

02. Dinner
dinner.jpg

falcon.jpg

Falcon2.jpg

Love no 2 it could almost do with a 'LOL Cat' treatment along the lines of 'Quick lads! Hide in here!'

Good effort for your 1st attempt at birds. 1 and 4 work best for me. I think they would benefit with tighter crops - no 1 on the LH and no 4 a tighter crop overall as there is too much dead space which distracts from the bird itself.

Good effort for your 1st attempt at birds. 1 and 4 work best for me. I think they would benefit with tighter crops - no 1 on the LH and no 4 a tighter crop overall as there is too much dead space which distracts from the bird itself.

Thanks Tom , am I right in thinking that my efforts on the wing being poor is because I could not get the shutter speed quick enough?

Can you post the EXIF for the image in question.

Back