First post...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and also new to photography. I got my first DSLR 6 months ago (canon 60D) and I'm really inspired by landscape photography. So far no other area of photography has really interested me as much. I thought I would post a few images for criticism.
Aysgarthfalls5of1.jpg

MiddleBlackClough-9.jpg

MiddleBlackClough-22.jpg

Welcome and well done for 3 good photos, No 2 does it for me, glad you like the long exposure type photos.
Have you been using PP with your photos ?

Hi Graham and thanks for the comments. Yes I have recently purchased the latest version of Lightroom 5 and processed these shots through it. I love the look of long exposure photos and I always seem drawn to include some flowing water in my shots. I have just purchased the canon EF-S 10-22mm wide angle lens and have found that my cokin P sized ND filters are way too small so I have just ordered a Lee foundation holder and some of their ND filters. I think this is my most expensive hobby to date haha.

Expensive aint the work but hey ho on with the show. keep on posting your photos and people will reply.
I think you have a good eye for photography.

Hi Chris , welcome to the forum - nice work on yon waterfalls - the water is a tiny bit burned out in the top of the fall on the second one (Is that Scaleabr , I recognise Aysgarth in the first one, and I think Janets foss in the third)

Expensive aint the work but hey ho on with the show. keep on posting your photos and people will reply.
I think you have a good eye for photography.
Thanks again Graham.
They are all great. Good start!
Thankyou.
Hi Chris , welcome to the forum - nice work on yon waterfalls - the water is a tiny bit burned out in the top of the fall on the second one (Is that Scaleabr , I recognise Aysgarth in the first one, and I think Janets foss in the third)
Thankyou. Yes I realise the water and sky was burned out but unfortunately didn't have a ND grad to fit the lens. I could have cropped out the sky but I think the photo wouldn't look the same without a shyline. The 2nd and 3rd photos are of the Middle Black Clough in derbyshire just off the Woodhead Pass.

Number two is lovely.
Personally, I'd go easier on the saturation with the other two. Particularly the first. A little garish for my tastes.

Last edited:
Some nice compositions there but number 2 stands out for me.

Unfortunately the sky & parts of the water are blown out but keep up the good work.

Cheers T

Back