First proper thread.

Name
Piers Hodgson.
Edit My Images
No
A superb set indeed, with #1 being the stand-out for me- a fabulous composition, in addition to its glorious colours and other qualities.

Very nice set of images with the exception of number 4 (50/50 split, blown sky, oversaturated colours)
Especially like #2

Excellent set Piers!
No 1 Great Blue hour shot, really nice light with great scudding clouds. I like the lead in from the fence taking you into the dark island in the middle of the shot. I think the splashes of almost fire like colour from the lighting on shore looks great and a nice burst of colour in the darkness. Great reflection and foreground rocks.
No 2 Fantastic burst of light along the ridge. Great view of the fells, mountains and valleys, with the silvery tape of the becks running below to the Derwent. Great rolling grey black cloud bank rolling in with the light hitting the bottom of the clouds, nice shot.
No 3 Great rock formation in the foreground, with excellent light from the base of the clouds, Love the rays in the blue sky to the RH side on the horizon. Nice view of the water. This one is a bit noisy in the shadows and the clouds.
No 4 This one doesnt do much for me im afraid, bit of a 50:50 job with a lot of grass and sky... your other shots eclipse this. Bit of a vignetting thing going on here.... filters??
No 5 Nice one, like this... its a well shot location, great scudding cloud nice use of shutter speed, classic sunset, i guess the colours might have deepened a bit later (Maybe). Love the moon popping at the top of the shot, nice detail in the jetty. I take it that is a buoy out to the LH side of the Jetty between it and the land? Very nice shot!

1 and 5 for me nice work

Cheers
Steve

That's a wonderful set mate ,agree what has been said about no 4,but the others are outstanding.

Lovely set. I actually don't mind number 4 either, I think it's the colours!

That's a great set to start off with & I think number three works best.

as others have said just keep an eye on the burnt out highlights & the saturation.

Cheers T

Back