First proper wide angle outing -

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

I posted this in the beginners forum initially but perhaps this is a better place for it.

I took my new Sigma 10-20 lens on its first proper trip to Germany this past week, took loads of shots and I think these are the best few.
Any tips or critiques or what could be better would be much appreciated. None of them have much post editing on them except a few spot removals.

Thanks
Ross

DSC_0620EDIT.jpg

DSC_0638EDIT.jpg

DSC_0726EDIT.jpg

DSC_0766EDIT.jpg

thanks plamen_gb. By wide open, do you mean fstop or at 10mm? still new to terms here. Going to attempt some pp today. Not had a chance to properly sit down and play with that side of things yet.

Last edited:
Nicely seen and caught.
The first 2 work particularly well for me: the DoF in 1 adds to the atmosphere and the symmetry in 2 is well positioned.
I'm particularly interested to see your pp in the final shot, rescuing the shadow area but not burning out the glass.

Nicely seen and caught.
The first 2 work particularly well for me: the DoF in 1 adds to the atmosphere and the symmetry in 2 is well positioned.
I'm particularly interested to see your pp in the final shot, rescuing the shadow area but not burning out the glass.

Thanks. Going to look at some pp today. Might take some time to get used to it.

welcome Ross

these show what the wide angle is capable of....it can bite you though....soaring verticals and distortions
you have a good tool there...my first one was to get my shots a bit wider without going to a vp further back
tilting the lens is the bug bear....sometimes that is all it is used for but wasnt really designed for that
your first shot is the best as it shows what dof can be achieved
best of luck
geof

welcome Ross

these show what the wide angle is capable of....it can bite you though....soaring verticals and distortions
you have a good tool there...my first one was to get my shots a bit wider without going to a vp further back
tilting the lens is the bug bear....sometimes that is all it is used for but wasnt really designed for that
your first shot is the best as it shows what dof can be achieved
best of luck
geof

Thanks man. Appreciate the feed back.

Back