First 'real person' photo

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

I thought I would try out my new 50mm lens by taking some cheeky shots of people whilst sitting in the coffee bar.

Wonder what you think of this one. I'm actually quite chuffed how it turned out:

Thoughtful by teambeecham, on Flickr

Like that a lot, you've captured some good emotion there.

Thanks, yeah he really looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Great shot.

A great improvement on the other thread too.

I agree, a great candid shot - gotta love those nifty 50's

Wonder what he's thinking :LOL:

Les (y)

Not only a great shot, but a really good B&W conversion too.
Well done.

Not trying to provoke at all here, but just out of curiosity what are the rules in doing this? I'd be pretty p*ssed if I caught someone doing this of me?

Seriously?
How many times do you think you've been snapped without your knowledge?
If you answer never, then you 're wrong.
This, after all a photographer's forum.:shrug:

Not trying to provoke at all here, but just out of curiosity what are the rules in doing this? I'd be pretty p*ssed if I caught someone doing this of me?

To put it simply, you're allowed and they can't do anything about it. Or at least in a shot like this you wouldn't be able to :) There's quite a few threads about stuff like this, I've just had a quick search but couldn't find anything. I'll have a proper look later (y)

Nice shot Mike, nice light from the window too. Well lit and well taken (y)

Really like this shot :)

Definately captured some great emotion and deep concentration

I couldn't find one of the threads I mentioned but got this instead
There is NO law preventing you from taking photographs of whoever you want and whatever you want so long as you are standing on public land and not on private property. This includes photographing police officers. There are a few exceptions to this rule including sensitive government buildings such as the MI6 building and MoD properties.
Source

Stunning image. Can't believe it's candid the light and exposure is perfect.

Gaz

Makes sense, I've always wondered how paparazzi can take the photos of celebs.

Cheers for the info :)

No problem (y)

There was an interesting thread on here a while ago about some bloke demanding photos of his property were to be deleted. His house was burning to the ground if I remember correctly and the guy taking the shot was shooting for a newspaper. He was shooting from public land though so nothing could be done about it and the bloke ended up chasing him :LOL:

very nice, i love this kind of shot, ;)

djnick1985 said:
which 50mm lens have you had mike ?really love the shot , nice work

I've just bought a Canon 50mm f1.4 USM, and this was one of a few 'test' shots I tried it out with.

To everyone else, thanks SO much for the feedback and encouragement...really appreciate it.

Great shot Mike, some of the best pics are candid/street photography. My only suggestion is a tighter crop, take a bit off the right side of the pic to get rid of that open door, and a bit of the top, enough so that his eyes are about 1/3 down from the top edge.

Great shot very nice indeed.

Back