First Red Kites

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Cracking detail in the second, nice light too (y)

Agree with Cobra, #2 is very nice ... the strong light has caused heavy shadows in some but those shadows might be able to be lifted with benefit in processing. :)

Thanks, I have the RAW files so I will try to give the heavily shadowed ones a lift- I was just mindful of not washing the images out and retaining the nice winter lighting

The light on the second makes this one by far the strongest of the set. As others have noted, the deep shadows are unfortunate on the rest, but no harm in playing with the RAW to see if a little detail can be pulled out.

Mike

Apologies for dragging up an old thread, but I got Affinity photo editing software today so I thought I'd have another play with the RAW files from these photos. Affinity is definitely a step up from the free Canon RAW software that I was previously using - wish I bought it sooner! Anyway, here are a couple of the original photos, edited to combat some of the heavy shadowing evident in the original photos.

Red Kite Re-edit by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

Red Kite Re-edit 2 by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

Red Kite Re-edit 3 by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

Red Kite Re-edit 4 by Adam Palmer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely done. The 2nd image was always the better image but you've done some clever shadow recovery with the others. (y)

I'd maybe lighten the blues a little by clicking up the blue luminosity slider. I'm not familiar with Affinity but I'm betting it has that slider.

Back