First roll from Konishiroku

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK, this is some of the pics from the first roll (Rollei Retro 100, ID-11) through the Konishiroku. Maybe a Konishiroku 1, or Standard, but the factory just called it the Konishiroku so I will too. The next one was the II and the one after was the III but this was the first so had no number! Batch number is eleven thousand and something so it's early post-war under occupation Japan...

My excuses are ready - never used this before, no meter, no rangefinder, rushing to finish the film, late evening walk, low sun, fight with the scanner, earthquake, flood, meteor shower, tornado, rain of frogs, blah, blah.

Whatever, nowt here to set the world on fire, just an excellent little rangefinder (without a rangefinder) doing what it should:

tmp006.jpg

tmp007.jpg

tmp014.jpg

tmp018.jpg

tmp020.jpg

tmp023.jpg

This last one's a bit odd but I really do like the composition - even if the shot technically is poo :D

Few more:

tmp026.jpg

tmp029.jpg

tmp032.jpg

tmp033.jpg

tmp034.jpg

As I have said elsewhere, now I know why I like Konica cameras so much! One of the earliest Hexars and already we have an excellent lump of glass to collect photons with :love:

Blinking eck Arthur you need to save some money to rebuild your outside loo looking at the first two pictures :LOL:

Blinking eck Arthur you need to save some money to rebuild your outside loo looking at the first two pictures :LOL:

And there was me thingking that "Built like a Brick Outhouse" (modified for the gentler of dispositions) meant Sturdy... :LOL:

Sadly, not my land, it's the paddock/stables belonging to Mrs A's brother... and that building is on the edge, so not even his!

Arthur

PS - crap pix then... :(

PS - crap pix then... :(

Not at all, Arthur - they're very much in the mood and style that we usually get from you - I actually really like the statue one, and the sepia tint treatment of the tree framed field works well with the old-photo look that i'm sure you were shooting for. Just goes to show, if you want a period look, use a period camera!

Hmm Not crap but an interesting experiment.

The lens on that camera I think must be either non coated or single coated as it appears to have very little contrast (I don't know the film) so looses alot when you have lots of sky in the picture.

In the right context, old builds, villages, people in costumes (1940's and alike) I think that the camera has a lot to offer.

Would be intersting to see what landscapes and colour film look like

Nick, there seems to be no coating at all so it does lack a little contrast... a definite candidate for a yellow filter maybe - so long as I remember to take it off for colour that is :D

BY, yes - it's the sort of shot I go after, does it show that much then :LOL: That wee statue is a real bugger as it's tiny and becomes a test both of close focus as well as the state of my legs... on a good day it'll be sharply focused and I'll be able to get up again (y)

BY, yes - it's the sort of shot I go after, does it show that much then :LOL: That wee statue is a real bugger as it's tiny and becomes a test both of close focus as well as the state of my legs... on a good day it'll be sharply focused and I'll be able to get up again (y)

Don't think of it as predictable, think of it as a style... much the same as you commented on my shots when I swapped from FP4/HP5 to Fuji Acros/LegacyPro that my shooting/processing was a little softer in contrast...:LOL:

And as for on a good day you'll be able to get up again - I'll agree wholeheartedly - had a followup with the knee-doctor yesterday and he really gave it some stick - Haven't had so much as a twinge for the last month, ben able to ride 40-50 miles on sunday clubruns and so forth - then I go to the hospital, and the next day I can barely bend the flaming thing!
Good news is he reckons that I'll get away without having to have the Bursa excised. I'm all for that, as I'm a firm believer in not sticking big sharp bits of metal into complicated things like knee joints :LOL:

I got one of those on my elbow... damned painful I know that - looked like Popeye for a while there :LOL:

I was just cruising the Bay as you do, looking for 32mm push on BW filters when I noticed a lot of Voigtlander ones popping up. Took me a good ten minutes to realise I have a Vitomatic IIa here with full filter set, hood, tele adapters, macro lenses, proximeter head, etc. Damfoolidjit time again :wacky:

Anyway, so now I got the yellow and green filters, and the lens hood too. After a bit of a read on coatings it seems the single best thing I can do is to use the hood (and don't forget this film was shot in an hour one evening, no clouds, low sun...). With colour especially as it should cut down on flaring, but I should still be considering either pushing a stop on developing BW or filtering and exposing accordingly with adjustment for said filter to increase contrast. That and not shoot at the sun of course :D

Once I get a colour film in the camera we shall see what sort of weirdness happens - I can find no info on early Hexar performance other than ahead of their time and razor-sharp. Maybe because everyone shot BW in the 40's eh? I do have the option of a CPL for use with colour film to up the contrast as well since unless I develop myself and push, I will have no control over that side of things.

Have I missed anything out?

Sounds more thorough than I've ever been with any camera I've shot with tbh! Then Again, i'm definitely no expert on older lenses etc. Only camera I've got that's any age to it is the Perkeo, and that would definitely benefit from a lens hood, especially with colour film.

Depends on the vicar you get I guess... oh, hang on a minute :D

I'm in next tuesday to get my Bursa Excised out of my left knee, I hope I'm doing the right thing!

Hope it goes well for you (y) - at least I'll know who to ask for the real lowdown if I need mine sorting. :puke:

Back