First roll of Velvia 50...

• Thread starter Rob.Richards
  • Start date
R

Rob.Richards

I was aware this was an over saturated film but was surprised at the results.. Here is a few from the roll! C&C very welcome!

4484296810_8e653f5fc7_o.jpg

4484296504_b5cf25e673_o.jpg

4484296944_4c1bc79e76_o.jpg

are you sure they've processed them as slide (e6) and not as colour neg (C41) because they look more like cross-processing to me?

w o t they said...

Well thats great isnt it! I guess there is no chance of seeing what the real pictures would have looked like now is there? I almost didnt drop them off at asda but thought hey ho I 'll give it a shot. Last time! Woman even said to me thats an interesting effect! Doh!

Its called cross-processing some people love the results. I am surprised asda developed it as it does state E6 on the canister.

With a bit of processing you could get them almost normal but never perfect, or convert to b&w...

Dunno if I should say - but I took my 350D too so got some pics anyhow!! Not the point though! Next film kodak tmax400 - surely cant go wrong there...

ahh - proper black and white film. Excellent. Just don't send that to asda, will you :)

ahh - proper black and white film. Excellent. Just don't send that to asda, will you :)

Nope! Asda have had their chance! I am saving up the pennies, probably for Ilford to process. They have been very helpful in sending me some test prints as well as calibration shots! Very impressed with their service so far...

Just wondering, would I be eligible for a refund at Asda if they have incorrectly processed my film? Or is it too late now I have walked away?

I'd have to say Ilford was my processing co. of choice for BnW - at least until I got the £30 worth of chemicals and so forth together to process my own - though the scanner was a bit more expensive (a bit more expensive than the 5 film cameras I've bought in the last year in fact :LOL:)

Asda would only give you a new film - which might be worth a try I suppose. Worst they can do is chase you off with dogs and ban you forever... :D

bubba.jpg

4484296504_b5cf25e673_o.jpg

bubba-1.jpg

4484296810_8e653f5fc7_o.jpg

Arthur

Pity you didn't get them a week earlier - you could have entered a genuine cross-processed film image in March's competition - it'd have made a change.

Out of 160+ entries, I think I could count the number of PROPER cross processed (as in not photoshop tweaks of a digital shot) on the fingers of one hand. Oh - but i'm not bitter :LOL: just because I bought all the chemicals, sorted out what film to use, got my timings reasonable, then couldn't get out for a good photo to submit before the end.

Had to resort to a shot on Velvia cross processed at the labs, from last summer. Can't post it in here, or I'll get DQ'ed from comp. but it's here, if anyone wants a look.

Not doing to well in the poll though... maybe film is a dead media :(

Asda would only give you a new film - which might be worth a try I suppose. Worst they can do is chase you off with dogs and ban you forever... :D

In fairness, an extra roll of Velvia is never to be sneezed at :)

Hang your head in shame and go and wash your mouth out with soap..:eek:

I know, I know, I was just a little depressed at the thought that out of 160+ entries, on a subject that's tailor made for film submissions (well - that's where cross-processing came about after all) pretty much everyone chose to work in Photoshop instead :crying::crying::crying:

At least I tried, as did a couple of the reg's in this section I reckon... KevM's entry might have had a touch of the bronica about it :)

I had every intention of entering but didn't finish the roll of slide film I had in the OM2 and couldn't bring myself to waste a dozen shot just so I could enter the competition.

I had every intention of entering but didn't finish the roll of slide film I had in the OM2 and couldn't bring myself to waste a dozen shot just so I could enter the competition.

To be honest I was shooting on 120 for just that reason - 12 exposures are much more handle-able :)

As I said above, I didn't end up getting out and shooting my main idea in the end... spent too much time faffing about through the month with actually learning to do my own colour processing, then x-processing and testing how it worked on a couple of film types (most of which ended up in the bin :LOL:) until I''d sorted out what I would use etc. Then, just as time was running out, real life kicked in and I was unable to get out and shoot the things I wanted - oh yes - and it started raining/snowing again :bonk:. Still - I did have a film x-processed shot "in the bag" so to speak, so I didn't have to 'shop one. And the learning process has happened now - even if I didn't get to shoot for the comp, I've got a bit of extra knowledge up there between my lugs :)

Yeah, I ended up running through that comp after the title caught my eye.
Its probably only the 3rd or 4th comp I've even looked at....ever.
There were very few that actually looked like cross processing, digital or otherwise..

Yeah, I ended up running through that comp after the title caught my eye.
Its probably only the 3rd or 4th comp I've even looked at....ever.
There were very few that actually looked like cross processing, digital or otherwise..

:LOL: you may think so - I couldn't possibly comment ;)

Though I did think that a cross processed HDR was just taking the hug and kiss!

whats cross processing in digital. Its just click of a different set of buttons, till it looks nice, isn't it...:D

yeah - but you have to wear a dress while you do it. Apparently.

Well I guess, but it would have to be over the Tutu...

maybe its the tilt shift type cross processing, y'know the ones that don't actually involve cross processing or tilt shifting.....:LOL:

To be fair though, digital cross processing I'd like to think involves shopping an image to look like cross processed film.
If it isn't that, I've got no clue at all..

maybe its the tilt shift type cross processing, y'know the ones that don't actually involve cross processing or tilt shifting.....:LOL:

To be fair though, digital cross processing I'd like to think involves shopping an image to look like cross processed film.
If it isn't that, I've got no clue at all..

In fairness, the examples posted in the initial post of the competition were a half-reasonable facsimile of the cross processing that crops up in quite abt of advertising - you know, the blue-ey toned shadows, slightly blown highlights, gritty contrast... How some of the entrants have interpreted it - well - thats another matter.

This is what I do not understand about digital photography. Digital to me is simulated-reality, unreal. and photography is through a process of physical action - films, chemicals, papers. How can the two meet.

I know someday they will implant memory, so we dont have to go on holidays. Mum and me will be able to substitute our week end phonecalls by memory implant of my visit to her every saturday morning. No matter how real that memory might seem, will it ever substitute my yearly trudge to Bombay for 2 dinners and a day out with her?

I know someday they will implant memory, so we dont have to go on holidays. Mum and me will be able to substitute our week end phonecalls by memory implant of my visit to her every saturday morning. No matter how real that memory might seem, will it ever substitute my yearly trudge to Bombay for 2 dinners and a day out with her?

Don't fancy that - I've seen "Total Recall" (and read the short story it was based on - We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Philip K Dick :geek:) and it's bound to end up going pear shaped :shake:

Philip K Dick was great, wasn't he. Rumour has it that he wrote to raise his drink money...

Indeed. Except Marx, who , if he wrote for money, instead of writing about it, would have made the world a better place...

Indeed. Except Marx, who , if he wrote for money, instead of writing about it, would have made the world a better place...

Harpo, Groucho or Chico?

Just to let you know - got a full refund from ASDA and an apology too! Good job I downloaded pics from disk before I gave them all back! Not overly worried about giving the photos back - they werent any real use...

Just to let you know - got a full refund from ASDA and an apology too! Good job I downloaded pics from disk before I gave them all back! Not overly worried about giving the photos back - they werent any real use...

So what did they say ?
We can't process E6 on site, the service department didn't notice it was E6 and processed it in C41..

So what did they say ?
We can't process E6 on site, the service department didn't notice it was E6 and processed it in C41..

Were you behind me in the queue? Spot on. Pretty much to the word! The guy was actually really helpful and apologetic, but to me fair as much as people moan about the influx of large superstores I personally think the service I have always had at Asda whatever the dept has been really good.

I wont use them for any special films but for bog standard processing I dont have any issues

Actually it's interesting to see how the velvia 50 came out cross-processed. This is some velvia 100f that i cross processed.. completely different to the 50

4352339856_dccaf115ae.jpg

Back