First scan, of my first ever home dev :)

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
If you've witnessed my difficulty in the fiilm&c section of the forum you'll appreciate this is something I was really looking forward to, lol.

Finally...after ballsing up 2x films trying to home dev, I finally got it right and this is the first scan, of the first shot on the roll of the first film I've developed :) :clap:

6080724150_168bdb4170_b.jpg

Thanks all who have helped

Danny

I like this shot, although it is a little bright on the left hand side. :)

ooohh nice

I find the dark thing on the right a bit distracting, maybe a tighter crop but other than that spot on sir

what film / set up was this ?

Superb shot Danny, as Pete mentioned, a slight crop to lose the frame lines top and RHS of frame, and a couple of dust spots to address - one at the right hand end of the 6th shutter slat up, and another in the hair 45degrees downwards from there - but other than that, bloody well done!

This is such a lovely high key shot - just spoiled by that dark area on the right. I'd definitely crop this to a square format to lose that dark area and the shot will look a whole lot better for it.

You've actually got plenty of cropping room on the left side too if you wanted to retain more of a portrait appearance.

However lame it sounds...I was going for max tonal range in the shot to test the film/dev combo, hence white/grey/black :)

I'll crop now and post an update ;)

better - but i'd crop in more and loose the dark on the RHS completely

ooohh nice

I find the dark thing on the right a bit distracting, maybe a tighter crop but other than that spot on sir

what film / set up was this ?

Sorted, better? :)

RZ67, 180mm 4.5 shot at 1/60s f4.5
Ilford HP5 @ iso 800
Ilfosol 3 for 13.5mins

I didn't expect the HP5 to push well with Ilfosol, and it has turned out grainy, but nothing drastic, quite impressed to be fair, am looking forward to getting some acros/delta 100 through it (y)

Mahoneyd187 said:
Sorted, better? :)

RZ67, 180mm 4.5 shot at 1/60s f4.5
Ilford HP5 @ iso 800
Ilfosol 3 for 13.5mins

I didn't expect the HP5 to push well with Ilfosol, and it has turned out grainy, but nothing drastic, quite impressed to be fair, am looking forward to getting some acros/delta 100 through it (y)

Nice shot and it is a great feeling when you see that first picture you have taken, developed and scanned yourself! I think HP5+ is a bit too grainy at 400iso myself but seeing this and some other results of it at 800 and 1600 it looks as if it does quite nicely!

Cracking shot, you nailed the focus and I quite like the presence of some contrast between the bright foreground light and the dark background.

Shooting 6x7 medium format, don't worry too much about grain, unless you plan on making huge prints.

Back