First Set Of Uploads

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all just returned from a week in Sharm and it was my first real chance to try out the D3200, Here's some of the pics I took and was quite impressed with but far from perfect

Feedback more than welcome

Hand held - Water fountain

image by b12vjn861, on Flickr

Tripod - Poolside

Tripod - Poolside

Tripod - Poolside from balcony, First attempt at Star trails as well

Image by b12vjn861, on Flickr

Congrats on posting up your first set for critique, often a difficult hurdle to overcome for some people. You've got some nice shots here, particulalry the last 2 (y)

Bear in mind composition when shooting scenes like the third shot and keep an eye on your horizons. Make use of leading lines where possible, like you have done well in the fourth shot. Keep shooting and posting for feedback!

Hi Ben - good to see you getting posting in the critique sections and I hope you had a fantastic holiday. It certainly looks beautiful.

Really not a bad start at all, but as a pointer I think you could do with just taking a little longer at the setting up the shot stage before clicking the shutter.
Try to ask yourself what it is that you want to capture and what the focal point of the image should be - then frame and compose for that element and make sure that's the part of the image that you expose for. Check little details like keeping the image straight and getting the best angle to avoid background clutter too.

As already said the last two are definitely the stand out ones from the set, but there are quite a few elements in the last one that I really like a LOT - the blurred person walking through the shot, the star trails and the way that the image blends from dark on the left to the glow on the horizon and lit pool on the right. Very nice indeed !

Hoping to see more from you soon.

Thank you very much for the feedback it all makes sense! It's just taking that bit extra time and getting the chance and place to do so!

So glad they've came out how they have as a first real shot at them for a few years now!

Hopefully ill get some more opportunity soon to get the camera back out

Thanks again

Back