First Severn Crossing

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Recently I went through my archives and find this shot of the First Severn Crossing that I quite liked.

I have spent a bit of time processing this as I had a large amount of barrel distortion to remove after using my Sigma 10-20 lens.

Feel free to offer any feedback, good or bad as it always helps us learn.

Thanks for looking.

First Severn Crossing by Northern Tony, on Flickr

Exif details
Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 2.5
Av( Aperture Value ) 16.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1
ISO Speed 100
Lens 10-20mm
Focal Length 13.0 mm
White Balance Mode Cloudy
Long exposure noise reduction 2:On
Processed using Photoshop Elements 9
Nik Software

Really nice sky, great sharpness in the rocks and overall a great looking image.(y):clap:

Like that - a different view of a well photographed landmark.

Presume you went down past Aust Wharf and across the reedbeds to get close to the river?

Cheers,

Matt

as above it's rare to see a different view of such a popular landmark but I really like this composition and the light is lovely and well captured.

Really nice sky, great sharpness in the rocks and overall a great looking image.(y):clap:

not only good foreground interest but damn good lighting as well making the base of the shot the most interesting with the bridge as a background foil

cheers
geof

Like that - a different view of a well photographed landmark.

Presume you went down past Aust Wharf and across the reedbeds to get close to the river?

Cheers,

Matt

as above it's rare to see a different view of such a popular landmark but I really like this composition and the light is lovely and well captured.

not only good foreground interest but damn good lighting as well making the base of the shot the most interesting with the bridge as a background foil

cheers
geof

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for the kind comments. I really liked this shot but was not really what everyone else thought at it took an age of post processing.

Matt, just off the A403 after coming off the M48 at junction 1 is a turning on to Passage Road. I took the 3rd right turn and followed the road until the end. Here is where the famous ferry point used to be where Bob Dylan had his infamous picture taken! Go through the gate and keep going along the path until you see the bridge. Be careful of the cliffs though as stones are often falling from them.

Back