First shots with my new macro lens

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just took delivery of my Tokina 100mm macro and these are my first few shots, nothing special, I was just having a quick play.

The first two images are straight out of the camera, no PP not even a sharpen (before or after resizing), while the third is a 50 percent crop - again, nothing done to it. All are hand held and shot with the onboard flash, while I'm trembling like a leaf in a washing machine spin cycle. AF used on the match, other two manual - so add rocking back and forward to the trembling :D

match_800.jpg

nib_800.jpg

bonus smilies if you can guess what this is...

50pc_crop_800.jpg

All in all I'm fairly pleased and I'm looking forward to bugs and butterflies later on in the year. Just got to decide between a bracket and an off camera flash or something like a marumi ring flash. :thinking:

Nice Lens it will keep you busy come srping, by the way is the mystery photo a heel of a south amercian ant eaters back left foot.

Nice Lens it will keep you busy come srping, by the way is the mystery photo a heel of a south amercian ant eaters back left foot.

I'm sure it will!! As for the guess, good one but not quite right

is the 3rd a tortoise great shots btw i love the match

Nope, not a tortoise :)
I had a bit of a dopey moment with the lit match, turned it upside down and started talking to my partner, thus ignoring the match and burning my fingers.

great shots, is the 3rd some kind of reptile skin?

I don't know if it can be classed as skin, and its not from a reptile, so ... no :D

nice photos, the kind of subjects i would go for if i made a macro move :)

Mystery photo looks to me like it could be an old leather watch strap?
or some other form of degrading leather

It's a good lens, Samphire, well worth it IMO. Cheapest I found was £251 from onestop-digital, imported from Hong Kong, although not everyone wants to do that. Took 4 days from order to doorstep.

Back