First Shots with sigma 70-200 F2.8

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Well impressed to be honest, this is as least as good as the 100-400, possibly better. Focus is quick and quiet, bit heavy though. Get's it's first outing in anger on Sunday, be good to see how it performs.

resize and slight sharpen, full frame
boat70200.jpg

100% crop from centre, no processing at all
boatcrop.jpg

Be interesting to see how you find it on Sunday dod.

The little shooting I have done with mine has most impressed me.

P-E said:
Be interesting to see how you find it on Sunday dod.

I was a bit apprehensive before buying it but the review Here convinced me, where it is arguably better optically than the Canon version throughout a lot of the range. If it performs as well as I'm expecting/hoping I can see this becoming my main lens.

I bought it second hand, 4 months old, totally mint for £400. It's the DG version.

It does seem to be the case that you need to spend about £500 to get a decent lens. :(

Poor people like myself just can't seem to justify that cost.

its the way things are at the moment, sensors can resolve to such high resolution in today's cameras that minor imperfections immediately become obvious. you didn't get that with film...as a result people are more than ever aware that in order to retain image quality you have to pay lots for lenses, assuming hte ones you pay lots for are good quality!

Looks great, I want one :)

Had mine for about 15 months now and can't fault it for the money.

Dod - have you sold your 100-400 then ?

SDK^ said:
Dod - have you sold your 100-400 then ?

Not yet, I put it up in the MM somewhere else a couple of weeks ago at good condition ebay prices and didn't get a sniff, which didn't really worry me too much. I'm still a bit undecided to be honest, I /might/ keep it as it is a good sharp copy and there are other times when the reach and IS is good.

Nice, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it, I bought one of reading a similar review to the one you mentioned here and have never looked back.

Looking forward to seeing your pics with it.

Back