Beginner First shots

Name
Steve needham
Edit My Images
Yes
Testing out first DSLR, taken Solomons Temple Buxton

Last edited:
Well that Flickr is useless cannot get photos one here with iPad it is impossible

Won't copy bb code cos using iPad given up now

Cannot even put a link on because it says it maybe malicious?

Last edited:
Rather than offer a critique, I'll ask what you think of it?

I like it, like that the landmark is out of focus, I know it needs improvement but I only started a week ago, so critism welcome

I like it, like that the landmark is out of focus, I know it needs improvement but I only started a week ago, so critism welcome
Are you sure? You might not like it... but oh-kay....
First one is boring, second one merely confusing.And why didn't you turn the camera round?

As above:

The first image is boring, the second is proof you've learned a technique 'selective focus' , but again it has no redeeming features.

To improve them? The first is a good use of a central composition, I wonder if you could get the light coming through the door arch cleaner, and then there's the lighting, to show any texture in the tower needs a contrasty light, the sky takes up 1/2 the frame, so really could do with some interest. If this tower is illuminated at night it'd make a better shot, or when the sun is lower in the sky on a clearer day.

The 2nd, same as above with the lighting and sky, but whatever you're focussing on becomes the subject, and that stone post couldn't be more boring if it tried. A portrait, or any object on or around the post would make a picture.

Ok thanks for the replies, like you said these where test shots for aperture size focus e.t.c I know there was not much to them trying to learn framing and the rule of 9 it's all new to me. Also these where not my only shots I took as many as possible to get the practice I am going out again at the weekend if the weather holds to test my new 70-300mm lets see how I get on.

Back