First SLR - help please

I'm going to say that I've found a great number of good nikon lenses at sensible prices pre owned, I was lucky enough to get the 55-300mm and the 35mm prime together for £200. Combined with the 18-55 kit lens I felt I had enough to get me on the road to learning how to compose and take a decent photo. I also picked up the D3300 with kit for under £200 incl delivery. The D3300 and indeed the Nikon range in general do a great job of hand holding, but I feel I could squeeze more out of them as I progress.

I thought of this but no idea where I would look to find one?

Google is your friend......

Check out the Meet up site and app. I'm London based, so there are few different meet ups on the go for photography. Some are literally just meet ups and others offer a level of help/basic tuition.

If your not London hit close to a city somewhere, I'm sure a meet up will exist somewhere - or at least someone willing to show your the ropes for a few quid.

As above depends on the price but it will give you a few extras the d3300 wouldn't do more room to grow. it doesn't have wifi the d5300 does but that may not be an issue for you. Best thing to do is go and take a look at it if you can, looking doesn't mean you have to buy it if you don't like it.
Also just wondering where abouts you are? as I don't mind tagging along to help, I'm not an expert but the offers there if needed.

It's only £275, bargain I think, barely used no scratches ect. I'm from bury but camera is from Stockport advertised on gumtree

If you've already been using a Nikon DSLR and like how they feel and handle, then I'd say stick with Nikon.

I've never had a problem with Nikon, I've had D5000>D7000>D90 and now a D7200, the only one I didn't really like was the D7000.

It's only £275, bargain I think, barely used no scratches ect. I'm from bury but camera is from Stockport advertised on gumtree
mmm, not really a bargain imo. It is about the going rate (top end) and whilst I'm sure the majority of sellers are honest you run the risk of getting a bad 'un without (easily) getting it sorted ... i.e. no warranty etc ...

mpb have used D7000 from £259 and these are a better buy imo as they have better ergonomics and the sensor is still good (it has 16Mp vs the D5200 24Mp but that shouldn't be a major issue). Mpb also have D5300 for not much more than the D5200 you mention. You get a 6 month, no quibble, warranty from mpb.

mmm, not really a bargain imo. It is about the going rate (top end) and whilst I'm sure the majority of sellers are honest you run the risk of getting a bad 'un without (easily) getting it sorted ... i.e. no warranty etc ...

mpb have used D7000 from £259 and these are a better buy imo as they have better ergonomics and the sensor is still good (it has 16Mp vs the D5200 24Mp but that shouldn't be a major issue). Mpb also have D5300 for not much more than the D5200 you mention. You get a 6 month, no quibble, warranty from mpb.

What is mbp? That's the lowest I've seen a D5200 for?

MPB is an online used camera gear site. There are other very good sites that sell used camera gear such as Harrisons, WEX, London Camera Exchange and more.

Second hand d3300 are selling for around the £200 mark, I got £220 for mine. It's a newer camera don't rush into buying the first one you see there are better deals to be had imho.

I've decided completely on a cannon 100D so waiting for a deal to come around

Second hand d3300 are selling for around the £200 mark, I got £220 for mine. It's a newer camera don't rush into buying the first one you see there are better deals to be had imho.

Great stuff :clap:

Back