First speedlite use

Edit My Images
Yes
Got my first speedlite and have been playing with it ever since.

Took this last night. The background isn't as white as I'd like though. Thoughts in general?

Nice "shot" :). Try a reflector as well (cardboard covered with alu foil) as fill.

Looks like it needs a little bit more light on the actual flowers and reflectors would definitely help. Flowers usually look better when they are nice and bright! Also, try getting a little lower so that you are square on with the glass. :)

Is this getting any better? Annoyed by the 'reflections' on the right hand side. I dropped the exposure down in LR which did a great job but turned the background less white. It seems to be a fine balancing act, that I can't balance!

Last edited:
That actually looks very artistic! I'm a bit of a believer in trying to get as much right in camera first as you can only do so much in pp. It may be worth looking at seeing if you can source a separate light for the background?

That actually looks very artistic! I'm a bit of a believer in trying to get as much right in camera first as you can only do so much in pp. It may be worth looking at seeing if you can source a separate light for the background?

Thanks for the comment gman. I think you're right. Will try and master one firs then step it up.

Back