Critique First stab at editing with LR

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning all,

As the title suggests I've been having a go at editing with LR that was so generously sent to me by @gramps (Thanks again) ...

Comments and Criticism very welcome.. but be gentle :hug:

I'll give a brief description of what I've done to each of the pictures, excuse the terminology as i'm still learning.

Firstly is this Ferrari F40 from Goodwood a few weeks back.
What I did was sharpen a bit, Also added the faded look that i really like and dropped down some distracting colours from the background, namely peoples bright jeans. small amount of vignette.

Ferrari F40 by Dave Broom, on Flickr

This BMW, I cropped it quite heavily (maybe too much??) as the Clio & Bora behind I felt were really distracting, Dropped the reds in the picture as again the Clio rear light really drew my eyes away from the car. I used those 3 lines (very top of the LR menu) graduate is it ?? to darken the sky as the original picture IMO was over exposed, I dont think i've done a particularly good job of the sky but hey im learning.

BMW 5 Series by Dave Broom, on Flickr

Last off is the E55 AMG Mercedes, I cropped it and sharpened and also raised the reds a little to bring out the light cluster and added a little fade to it as again I like that look in photos. Think from memory a small amount of vignette.

E55 AMG by Dave Broom, on Flickr

So there we have it, maybe not the most technically correct or perfectly composed photos but I enjoyed having a play around and I need to learn the terminology a bit better (I'm posting this from work, if I was at home I would've loaded LR and got the terms correct)

Thanks very much.

Dave

Hi Dave I have had LR6 for a year and I am still learning with it. On the shots you have done, I think you have done well, the ferrari is a nice edit and think you did a good job, like the reflection too.
The BMW is a good one, I think you got away with the tight crop to make the viewer look at the BMW first. The Merc is a nice close up too, so well done on your first LR edits (y)(y)

Hi Dave I have had LR6 for a year and I am still learning with it. On the shots you have done, I think you have done well, the ferrari is a nice edit and think you did a good job, like the reflection too.
The BMW is a good one, I think you got away with the tight crop to make the viewer look at the BMW first. The Merc is a nice close up too, so well done on your first LR edits (y)(y)
Hey Dave, thanks very much for the kind words!!

Back