First studio shoot - really honest opinion please - harsh coments OK

Edit My Images
Yes
I know the floor needs some work - this is straight out of camera

IMG_9349-Edit.jpg

Why post it 'straight out of the camera' - if you know it needs work - do it - then let's see what you can do!! Never understand this at all.

I think it's a loverly shot ! the backlight is half a stop to bright - or the child needs to be a few feet forward,but otherwise really nice.

background is possibly slighly too brightly lit, and obviously the foreground floor is a bit messed up, good shot though for a first attempt

Why post it 'straight out of the camera' - if you know it needs work - do it - then let's see what you can do!! Never understand this at all.

I think with studio shoots it's perfectly OK to do that awp because it demonstrates the lighting setup AS IS rather than after an amount of PP and makes it a lot easier for people to advise on lighting setup?

Well done looks great. I thought as soon as I saw it someone would say the background is a bit too bright. It's not a fault, just down to personal preference. And I prefer the slightly blown look.

I think with studio shoots it's perfectly OK to do that awp because it demonstrates the lighting setup AS IS rather than after an amount of PP and makes it a lot easier for people to advise on lighting setup?

Don't think you can change the lighting set up in PP! If the floor needs a little work - and it does - and probably a bit of a crop - then why not do it and show the pic at it's best? PP is used to often to fix things that should be right in camera.

It's a nice shot - although I'm not too sure about the angle.

i like it to but as above the background is just to bright

Don't think you can change the lighting set up in PP! If the floor needs a little work - and it does - and probably a bit of a crop - then why not do it and show the pic at it's best? PP is used to often to fix things that should be right in camera
Better still, imo, show both before & after shots (y)

Don't think you can change the lighting set up in PP! If the floor needs a little work - and it does - and probably a bit of a crop - then why not do it and show the pic at it's best? PP is used to often to fix things that should be right in camera.

It's a nice shot - although I'm not too sure about the angle.

Photoshop>filters>lighting effects? So yes you can change the lighting in PP. :D

You say that PP is often used to fix things that should be right in camera...............but that's exactly the point I was making awp! If we post something straight from camera and there is something than needs addressing in the setup at least it can be seen and advised upon.

Personally if this were my shot I'd put a tiny bit more contrast in there, a la Venture. :)

Nice high key work. I'm guessing you metered the background to be this bright? It works for me, and is a lovely family shot. Well done mate.

There is maybe a lack of punch to this, perhaps something like a reflection help? I have to agree about posting without any PP, would you clean your car before trying to sell it? Of course you would. Unless you are specifically saying "I don't know what to do with this can you help" I would always want to see the image at its best. Just my 2p worth you understand.

That said, I like this and the angle, its great to see the different perspective. Well done.

For me it would be better if she was nearer the bottom of the frame, possibly even offset slightly to the left, looking up into a bigger white space above... Otherwise a very nice image, a cutie!

Back