First submission for critique!

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Would appreciate some feedback on this pic of Cristiano Ronaldo.

2324468033_9e1e14c147_o.jpg

Thanks

Jim

Very nice looking shot, could almost be straight out of a mag/newspaper. The horizontal lines of the seats/ads etc look slightly off which draws my eyes to them a bit. Really like the depth of field to make him pop out from the background, love the fact you can just about see the rain - adding to the atmosphere. Skin tones and saturation look spot on to me too (y) - Really good shot, well done :)

Thanks JL.

Should have added it was taken on a Canon EOS 350D, 70 - 300 IS USM, 1/250 sec, f/5.6, ISO400 at 270mm.

Was quite pleased with it but never sure about my own work.

Jim

great shot but could have been better in a black and white shirt!

and at it is still rainning in your photo ;)

Cracking shot! But it does not seem to he straight, if you look at the advert boards. Apart from that only a 400mm F2.8 could improve it, so get saving....
As for the Mickhall wanting Ronaldo in a toon shirt, get a grip fella, we are in the poo but cmon, he is a manc,lol

Thanks for the kind feedback guys. I sometimes seem to have the horizontal problem at time. Maybe got one leg shorter than the other :)
Shame about the state of the Magpies at the minute - I don't think King Kev was the right choice - heart over head there!

very nice shot, good natural colours, fairly sharp, animated freeze(y)

one thing missing imo.....the ball..

good shot with nice colours i could definetly see this in a football program/magazine

Is the pitch curved? Strange effect!

Fantastic shot.
As said previously, looks straight out of a newspaper/magazine.
I'd send it off to Man U, see if they wanted to use it.
Or send it off to lots of places.

Good dof but has already been mentioned, It would have been a lot better had the shot got the ball in it and there had been a bit more action to it.

Like the shot alot..I agree with the comments already posted but still think its great.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get to take it? Were you in the crowd or did you manage to wangle it pitch side? What an opportunity!

Keep up the good work

AJ

Thanks for the comments guys.

Superstat - I took it from where I sit at OT. I have a second row seat just to the right of the centre line so lots of opportunities.
I'd love to do more and try to sell them but we all know how difficult it is to get any such permits for football matches!

nice shot.

things i might change:
* straighten horizontal perspective in pp;
* trim about 4 rows of people off the top;
* darken the white highlights just a smidge because they the wall is borderline blown out (not quite, very close);
* in shooting-maybe frame the player slightly left so there is a sense of forward movement (space for him to run to).

but i love the bokeh. the crowd is perectly out of focus to my eye. very nice exposure

gil (a new guy)

Back