First task i've been set for my photography course

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone :)
I'm going to be going to college soon, i went to my induction last week, I already have homework!!!! my theme is 'A familiar journey photographed in an unfamiliar way' I'm new to photography and this seem to be in photography language :p What does this theme mean by 'photographed in an unfamiliar way'? Im going on holiday soon so ill be going to an airport, i thought that this could be a familiar journey for most people, but how can i make it unfamiliar?. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Tom Buckley

Maybe a journey that is familar to you rather than someone else would be easier. Perhaps your journey to school or the shops. This way you can take multiple attempts if your first try doesn't go to plan.

Hello everyone :)
theme is 'A familiar journey photographed in an unfamiliar way'

Have a look at this link for this guy on flicker.
Electronica Traffic by philhudson91, on Flickr

The familiar journey he has captured is a motorway journey the unfamiliar way is the way he has captured the picture as we would not usually capture a picture in this way to remember our journey.

hope this helps :D

Last edited:
Your imagination is being tested already.

If you're serious about this course, then you shouldn't be asking for ideas on here, but allowing your imagination to wander.

It seems a very good project to test new students.

i had to even google the phrase cause i could not understand it.

but tommy as somelier say's you should not really ask for idea's on here if you post your pictures in the forums everyone with give you c&c (comments and critique)

you really need to make your images your own and just asking for idea's and looking at other people's you wont find one of your own. It will just be an adaptation of someone elses work

Think long and hard about the subject your given cause when your lecture ask how did you think of doing it that way. What will your answer be?

Hi Tom. Welcome the world of creative thinking! To get you started, begin to look at your regular journeys in a new way, perhaps from ground level, or up high, or in a busy place with a slow shutter speed to blur the people. Think about reflections, or using perspective to make 2 unrelated things apparently related. What college course are you doing?

Walk instead of bus, cycle instead of car. night instead of day?

Back