First time at Badminton

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Took lots of photo's on a trial and error basis ......

110a.jpg

C&C more than welcome

Good shot , looks like Caroline Powell

Great photo though have to admit I couldnt find ths shuttle :) Well its waht I expected when I read the title

Good shots Mike, but you really need to straighten that last one.

Those glasses do Nicholson no favours what-so-ever, but I'm damned if I'm going to tell him! :LOL:

Great photos, Glad you enjoyed it. It was my second time this year and I love every second of it.... You must have been sat just along from me at the lake LOL . cheers

mel

Last edited:
Melanie, you are selling Eventing photographs and have built a forum designed to allow other amateur photographers to sell to Event riders, although I suspect that it's mainly to promote your own work.

Official photographers are the only ones who are permitted to sell their images from BE affiliated horse trials to non media sources without the organiser's express permission. You are also in potential breach of British Eventing's intellectual property rights, and I suspect that the same would apply to BSJA and BD affiliated events. If you encourage anyone to sell images from any racing run under rules you will run into the BHA fairly quickly.

I can understand enjoying equestrian photography, but can I suggest that you either continue with your hobby for pleasure only, or work your way into the business like everybody else has to?

Last edited:
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply, I am trying to connect photographers to folk as I often see competitors asking who was at what event . I always ask permission from organisers or get a media pass to events , but I will certainly check to make sure I am not infringing on anything. I am "working my way into the business" I am just making a very small begining ! But I thank you for your advice . The forum is not just for me - I really want to see a good resource to bring the two sides together , I think it is really helpful to see a range of work .
I will report back once I have double checked.
cheers

Last edited:
I did speak to BE and they are happy with what I am doing . I did not mean to hijack this thread or detract from Mike's great photos, so I will post any other thoughts / experiences on the other sports section rather than the critique sharing one. I am enjoying my photography and looking forward to "growing into the business"
cheers.

Back