Edit My Images
No
Not what i usually shoot,my very first try at this.:shrug:
_MG_0094-3.jpg

_MG_0048-2.jpg

_MG_0023-2.jpg

_MG_0023-1.jpg

Yep i think they are crap,iso 100

Iso 100?! No offence meant at all, but they look like camera phone images (quality wise) no fault of your own.

Some potential in them :).

From No.1 and 4, you may stand a little far from the arena. As my personal experience, yes I was also very nervous and can only focus on timing and shutter. I also did not have time to check the composition. So crop is necceasry to make it better hence the noise is inevitable.

But the No.2 is still good. Did you use a zoom lens or a prime lens?

I used a 17-85mm lens,but as i say never did fireworks before,usually motorsport but i wont be doing any more of these,i felt it was a totally wasted night.:shrug::p

I'm wondering if you have used too long a shutter speed. The first firework is overexposed in the middle.

If you had used a faster shutterspeed the background/sky in them all might have been black and not shown the noise. JMHO of course! :)

probably did use longer shutter speeds than i should have,but not to worry,first & last.:D

I shot fireworks last night - all around 1/50th @f/4 - 5000 ISO - I'll post some Wednesday - after the paper has published them.

Last edited:
jockwav

I usaually go for :- Bulb, F11 and ISO 100, focused at infinity, tripod, cable release shutter time varies

Last edited:
probably did use longer shutter speeds than i should have,but not to worry,first & last.:D

oi you..........dont you get despondent!! I want to see more of these next year!! (y)

I'm with Janice! :clap:
You did better than I did, at least you got off your arse and went out and took some. Next years will be better.

Nothing wrong with these - except 1st and last need cropping from the bottom!

Back