Beginner First time film - Pug

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys, i have been taking pictures with digital for a few years now but always wanted to have a go with film.
so i got myself a cheap Praktica MTL3, bought a roll of Kodak 400TX-3 and gave it a go.

Developed them over the weekend using Caffenol C and im made up with them, they are far from perfect but im still pretty chuffed.

Here is my favourite:

Caffenol Toby by Mike Brown, on Flickr

I'm impressed - self developing in Caffenol is a pretty extreme way of starting in film!

thanks Keith.
i thought, before i start spending a lot of money buying the proper chemicals or even paying for them to be developed... i will use caffenol until i get used to the camera.

thanks Keith.
i thought, before i start spending a lot of money buying the proper chemicals or even paying for them to be developed... i will use caffenol until i get used to the camera.

If you'd said in F&C that you'd be doing this, pretty much everyone would have suggested that you buy the chemicals, because that takes out one more variable from the process - you could have taken great photos, and done the development perfectly, but if you'd messed up making the Caffenol, you'd never have known. Having said that, you did it right, so good work!

If you'd said in F&C that you'd be doing this, pretty much everyone would have suggested that you buy the chemicals, because that takes out one more variable from the process - you could have taken great photos, and done the development perfectly, but if you'd messed up making the Caffenol, you'd never have known. Having said that, you did it right, so good work!

yes i see your point. luckily for me on this occasion it all worked out fine. to be honest i was also just too giddy to get them developed and see how they turned out haha

Back