First Time Flash User - advice sort....

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hey Guys,

As the title suggests I want to finally get into using flash in my photography.

I have the XT1 and XT2 Fuji Cameras and the Em1 mkII and Pen-F Olympus cameras.

The Longest lenses I have are the Fuji 100-400 and the Olympus 40-150 Pro Lens.

I have settled on the Godox Flash System but there are 4 different flashes and 2 different triggers, I want to purchase 1 trigger and 2 flashes per system but not sure which would suit me.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
Fortunately the Godox flashes used off camera are brand agnostic.

However to use on camera they need to be made for your camera.

The solution is a Fuji and an Olympus flash, and a Fuji and Olympus transmitter. Then you’ll have a 2 light setup for either camera system.

ANything other tha Godox, and to do that you’d need 2 transmitters and 4 flashes.

Godox is the way to go aye. The only thing I dislike about my Godox flash is that it can't be fired off cam by any old cheap trigger like my Yongnuo. You really have to get their own X1T or Xpro, I really should get the X1T at some point as I love the teensy size of the TT350 it feels about half the size and weight of my clunky YN560

Before I started looking at the other Godox flashes I was intent on getting 2 TT350 units and the X1T trigger, but now wondering as I have the funds available should I got for the next unit up and get the Xpro trigger? Does the Xpro do things that the X1T can’t?

Before I started looking at the other Godox flashes I was intent on getting 2 TT350 units and the X1T trigger, but now wondering as I have the funds available should I got for the next unit up and get the Xpro trigger? Does the Xpro do things that the X1T can’t?

Does Phil's reply makes sense? Godox is a little different in the way they handle different camera brands, but it's a better system.

The TT350 is a great little flash, but with the emphasis on little. It's not very powerful and the larger speedlights are more versatile. I'd go for the newer lithium-powered versions for faster recycle and to be free of yet more bluddy AA batteries, but I have a lot of flash guns ;)

The X1 trigger is also very compact and fully featured, but I really dislike the user-interface - the screen is hard to read and every setting needs multiple button-presses and menu-scrolling. XPro is way better.

The Godox system is well explained on FlashHavoc http://flashhavoc.com/godox-flash-system-overview/ Lots more on that site, and also good videos on Robert Hall's site https://www.youtube.com/user/rrhallPD/videos

Back