First time in the Loop

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
Yes
Been meaning to get up the loop for sometime now. Well with what has been happening in work, decided to get to day off work and go. Turned out to be a good day just need to improve my picture taking and processing. Heres my pics.

1. F15 total of 4 doing 2 passes
IMG_6621.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

There was some Hawks missed getting a good one. Then

3. Tornado
IMG_6708.jpg

4. Harrier
IMG_6719.jpg

5. Hawks underside
IMG_6733.jpg

6 The F15s came back to taunt us but stade up high
IMG_6749.jpg

Thanks for the tip cheesy. and heres a Slideshow

The next visit will be god knows when but need to be on the other side of Cad. And nice to meet the people up there.

Excellent stuff - so you were over on cad East i take it good vantage point for the eagles - two days on the run now they have been through and a couple of other frontliners you picked a good day !!!

Do like the first F15 shot :)

It does n't take them F15s but a few seconds to drop in from that height and some sight it is :)

Good luck for next time and the time after that etc etc :):)

Thanks for the comments guys. So Matt when are you going up the loop?

Great shots mate, you had a fantastic day especially for a first time, I've still not had a harrier and I've been there loads! Well done (y)

Very...Very nice. We had the F15's at Corris and I missed the Harrier as I was on my way up to Cad West. I also like the last shot, a Typhoon I think.

Mark:)

Superb shots for a first visit(y)...The 15's did us proud.

Mark....had you gone off to the Little Chef for an all day breakfast or something:LOL::LOL: ....We honestly thought that you had made it up Cad west in time for the harrier !!

Very nice. You dont realise how lucky you are to get F15's on your first trip! I took the easy option on my first trip too and went up Cadeast. I became frustrated with underside shots. So went Cadwest on my next visit. Endured 5hrs of snow,gales and rain for the first frontliner to come through (tornado) topside facing Cadeast!!
Couldn't believe it. :eek::LOL::LOL:

Kev.

Thanks for the comments guys. markjayne not sure what they where the guys i was with thought it was the f15's coming back from the sound. one of the guys could not lift his head up so when i seen that shot I took it to show him. It just happened to make a nice shot for the end of the day. Do not feel bad as there was a guy up cad east who had missed most of the aircraft that day due to moving around. Only got the harrier and tornado that to one guy (forgot his name) who had a mate working in bala tipping him off that they where coming over, otherwise would have been to late as they came in very low.

Glad you had a good day, now the addiction starts to kick in, wondering all the time when you can get back there to do it again :)

Great fun,...... and you did great for your first trip.

if this is your first time I cant wait to see some photos once you get used to it

So have you caught the bug, will you be back..... looks like a good day out for your first time in the loop. Cad East was my first vantage point as well, a few moon's back, love shots 1 and 2 of the F15, unfortunuately mainly belly shots from this location unless you have a long enough lens for head on shots, but there are a few places on the loop to get the different angles, love the shot of the harrier, reminds me of day 2 of my 1st adventure when we got buzzed by a Jaguar 3 days before they mothballed the last sqdn, a guy from holland took the shot of it inverted over our position on Cad West.

Peter

Some great shots, definately getting the urge to go - think I need to find out best day / times to go and book some time off work :clap:

So have you caught the bug, will you be back..... looks like a good day out for your first time in the loop. Cad East was my first vantage point as well, a few moon's back, love shots 1 and 2 of the F15, unfortunuately mainly belly shots from this location unless you have a long enough lens for head on shots, but there are a few places on the loop to get the different angles, love the shot of the harrier, reminds me of day 2 of my 1st adventure when we got buzzed by a Jaguar 3 days before they mothballed the last sqdn, a guy from holland took the shot of it inverted over our position on Cad West.

Peter

thanks for the comments. I got a 100-400 lens stuck on the camera. The head on shot look like this.

IMG_6655.jpg

Trappe nice shot. would like to have seen the shot from the otherside. Will hopefully be back up sometime in june. :)

That Harrier shot is awesome. :)

There you go Peter. I was there that day:D

This is one I took earlier.
2137958670_4d7e6b8be9_o.jpg

ps I never did see the bloke from Holland took.

Yeh.....2nd ever day in the loop, thats me, jono, bazza and bill (capturing the 2nd Jag and ducking at the same time.

Check out his website http://www.franknoort.nl/wales/index.html

(day 2 of his Wales trip Cad East)

Here is the video of the few I managed to catch on the day. Dem Beggers go waaaaay to quick.

The Vid

At long last. oh to hear that sound again. Got to sort out going again

Hi, I see some of you guys are online, and am planning a first visit to the loop tomorrow,
so looking for any advice. I have seen the time flying will take place, and will be using a D300 and 80 - 200 f2.8D. Thanks.

oh my god i totally have to organise going to the loop

Hi, I see some of you guys are online, and am planning a first visit to the loop tomorrow,
so looking for any advice. I have seen the time flying will take place, and will be using a D300 and 80 - 200 f2.8D. Thanks.

Before you headout have you planned which site your going to?
looked up how to get to the sites. read the websites. http://www.warplane.co.uk/Wales.htm
http://www.lowfly.net/
they will show wheres best for your lens.

good look with the weather and the climb up the hill.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ziploc, advice always appreciated. I had already gone to bed when you posted a reply, but had done a bit of research on line earlier. We went to Cad East on Wednesday, and apart from a couple of heavy showers the weather wasn't too bad, but air traffic was all very high up apart from a single hawk and a tocano. We met a guy called Colin there, and he was very helpful as to sites and also had lots of information from a scanner as to what was going on. Keen to go again now!

lol Adrenaline

around 800th to 1000th but trying to stay on a fast moving target in a blustry wind is harder than it sounds. used a 100-400 zoom hand held no moonopod. Got to get one, or at leas a hiking pole that can be used as one.

lol Adrenaline

around 800th to 1000th but trying to stay on a fast moving target in a blustry wind is harder than it sounds. used a 100-400 zoom hand held no moonopod. Got to get one, or at leas a hiking pole that can be used as one.

A Monopod is fine for getting the head on shots but will be pretty much useless for panning. Get yourself a BushHawk ;)

Mark

A Monopod is fine for getting the head on shots but will be pretty much useless for panning. Get yourself a BushHawk ;)

Mark

Would love one but can not justify the price at the moment. Main problum that day was the gustting wind. well that my reason :LOL: Planning a trip up there again at the end of june.

:canon: loan me your bushhawk. where did you get it from ? as i can not find it cheap

Back