First time i've done this in a while... Bury Market

Edit My Images
Yes
First time I've been out with the camera in as long as I can remember". I'd almost forgot how to post-process!

Comments more than welcome!

_MG_9162.jpg

_MG_9174.jpg

_MG_9181.jpg

_MG_9185.jpg

_MG_9187.jpg

_MG_9190.jpg

_MG_9191.jpg

_MG_9196.jpg

_MG_9199.jpg

_MG_9200.jpg

Nice candids but Christ, what kind of place is Bury. Everybody (except the 2 kids) looks so bloody miserable:LOL:. Make good subjects tho(y)

lol

I love the Rusty Lee lookalike, I can just hear her laughing now :D

Bury... Home of the living DEAD !!!

Great candid captures though... :)

This is something I just wouldnt be able to do, taking photos of random folk... Scarey.
Unless i used a 500mmf4 from about 1/4mile away that is.

Some good candid images there, and something I am thinking of doing this weekend in manchester

Composition-wise I think they're all top dollar, except perhaps the 1st one. Not sure why, but it doesn't quite hit the spot. Maybe its a portrait, but the subject isn't looking. The others are all really good egs of street photography.

I wonder if you have colour issues, though. They all look a bit muted. I can't help thinking the colours should be a bit brighter. But having said that, they should all be B&Ws anyway.

Nice to see you posting again.

Not lost your touch!

Keep them coming (and in colour!)

Nice interesting series, they do have a sombre feel, but I love the gritty expressions and down to earth qualities.
Wish I had the guts to take my camera out into town, I reckon I'd get arrested or punched lol !!!:LOL:

Deano

Nice series...:)

I ADORE the woman (who's clocked ure snapping her) and her old man (who doesn't have a clue ure there) - I reckon it's the multi-tasking thing. Those 2 shots are my favourites.

I would love to see them in black & white too. That type of subject - weather etc deserves B&W !!!

It has made me feel cold tho ! :)

lol i was in a car that knocked down the guy in the high vis jacket. He stank real bad of skip type smells and booze. the ambulance dude who took him away said he always gettin run over, he works all week on the market, emptyin the bins etc, then on sat night he spends all his wage on booze and drinks it while hangin around the empty market, then either gets his ass kicked of someone or gets run over.

The dog in No 1 has me hooked - have you seen his kinky boots! I'd crop that one down and have a dog alone shot! He's sitting so proud!

Great set of candids. I don't live too far from Bury myself, recognise the Big Issue lady in No 6, she is normally on Market St (opposite Marks & Spencers). I buy from my man in St Ann's square though :)

What you saw the happier ones was smoking or carrying alcohol, what you didnt see was how happy the little girl was when she got a fag and took a swig of her vodka lmao ... and would you be happy if you lived in bury? lol! I like candid shots, lol!

Interesting and nice set of images, (y)but to tell you the truth, i am depressed now :crying:, is there anyone happy in the town?.:(

Nice shots mate, I like these a lot.

Rocket its not going to get better for you when arsenal beat united and knock you out of the FA cup bud lol!

Very interesting, every one tells its own story. Very well captured.

5 is superb, I fully expect to see someone looking a lot like him when my time finally comes.

Love the desaturated look to them as well.

Cracking set... but does that dog REALLY have shoes on in the first one?!! :D :LOL:

What you saw the happier ones was smoking or carrying alcohol, what you didnt see was how happy the little girl was when she got a fag and took a swig of her vodka lmao ... and would you be happy if you lived in bury? lol! I like candid shots, lol!

OOPs! wrong quote

Nice shots mate, I like these a lot.

Rocket its not going to get better for you when arsenal beat united and knock you out of the FA cup bud lol!
Mr Bing.
:nono:Would you like to change your comment, Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0 ...:LOL:

This type of phhotography is something that....interests me...but petrifies me at the same time...

'Street' photography for me is fab - and best left on the street !!!

i.e. not worth taking or downloading and not worth processing either!!!

Most of it has no commercial merit, and even artistic merit is arguable

Hmm.. man lights a fag = fab? Err no - sorry

Added to the 'punch in the face' possibility, and the 'security' issue = waste of time for me

For those who enjoy it though - enjoy it

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have to amend my earlier posting....

I was in Bury yesterday and these shots are a good representation of the people i saw....lol

Mr Bing.
:nono:Would you like to change your comment, Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0 ...:LOL:

hhahaha lmao headline shud read Man done Up the arse ;) but i cant speak we do not mention barnsley this week its swear word.

Back