North England First time Lake District...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Off to the Lake District for the first time, next week. Mainly for my daughter, as she`s doing her dissertation on Beatrix Potter (game art and design). So we`re staying close to HillTop. Which is between Windermere and Esthwaite Water.
So as opposed to me randomly driving around. Is there anything I should be aiming for?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Off to the Lake District for the first time, next week. Mainly for my daughter, as she`s doing her dissertation on Beatrix Potter (game art and design). So we`re staying close to HillTop. Which is between Windermere and Esthwaite Water.
So as opposed to me randomly driving around. Is there anything I should be aiming for?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)
I've been a few times Paul, the photo ops are too plentiful to list but there is a great book that I bought called The Photographers Guide to the Lake District ISBN-0992683405 well worth a look if you can get one in time.

You can hire a boat and have a ride around Esthwaite Water.
Ospreys nest at a location near the edge and you can usually get close.
I‘m not sure if they will already have flown and gone by now but worth checking it out.

I've been a few times Paul, the photo ops are too plentiful to list but there is a great book that I bought called The Photographers Guide to the Lake District ISBN-0992683405 well worth a look if you can get one in time.

Thanks for that, Paul. Just ordered it (y)

You can hire a boat and have a ride around Esthwaite Water.
Ospreys nest at a location near the edge and you can usually get close.
I‘m not sure if they will already have flown and gone by now but worth checking it out.

Thanks, Peter. That sounds pretty cool, and will definitely look into that (y)

Well, after a 7 hour drive, arrived yesterday afternoon. Knackered, but expected lol

Only a 20 minute walk from Esthwaite Water :) Weather is looking crap though. Rain and thunder storms predicted, so it'll make it interesting to say the least.

Don’t worry about the weather, you can still get some fabulous moody shots in rainy conditions.

Last time I was up there I stayed at the eastern base of Kirkstone Pass - in bad weather it was occasionally a bit better at the eastern end of Ullswater, so maybe heading east might help!

Don’t worry about the weather, you can still get some fabulous moody shots in rainy conditions.

Last time I was up there I stayed at the eastern base of Kirkstone Pass - in bad weather it was occasionally a bit better at the eastern end of Ullswater, so maybe heading east might help!
Thanks, mate.
Yeah hopefully I'll be able to get something. I don't usually do landscape (I'm rubbish at that), but will give it a go.
Mainly up here for my daughter, and her fascination with Beatrix Potter, hence the location ;)

Back