First Time Macro's, From a First Time Lightbox

Name
Jamie Palmer
Edit My Images
Yes
Well tonight I just finished my 15 pack box of Carling (not all in one go :LOL:)

So i thought I might use the box and some spare card to make myself a nice lightbox.

I had an end result, used some textured black card, and white paper for the sides and top.

Just one problem, I cant use the 430EX II off-camera so i had to shoot at certain angles to get the light to reflex inside the white paper inserts.

Anyway I've never tried this sort of photography before, but would like some honest critisism to get me on the right track, (and yes I want another flash :LOL:)

Many Thanks
Jamie

#1. Was shot using my 50mm F1.8, at 1.8 so is a little out of focus
IMG_9198.jpg

#2. Was taken with my 18-55mm Kit Lens.
IMG_9199.jpg

#3. Also taken with the kit lens, I've never been able to get a photo of my phone as the screen smudges always ruin it (and i do clean it before hand)
IMG_9201.jpg

#4. With the phone photos I've gone for a dark stealth'ish look, but I dont think it's worked.
IMG_9205.jpg

Looks like a good home made set up. On 1st impression I'd agree the phone ones are too dark but I'd need to see on a better screen to be able to say for sure. (Also, I have a storm and it drives me mad!).
I thought you could take the flash off camera with a hotshoe to hotshoe adaptor? Probably not called that, but I'm looking at them for my 400D at the moment. Something like this?

Yes that would be very benefitial for what I use it for. Would help quite a bit.

Would very much like to have it wireless and have a 430EX each side of the box :)

But I may invest in that hotshoe->hotshoe.

Thanks
Jamie

Back