First time motocross

Edit My Images
Yes
I've quite often passed through Farleigh Hungerford on a weekend to find that there's a motocross meeting going on that I had no clue was happening. Well, this weekend I actually had some advance notice (a few hours anyway), so was able to get along today for a few hours snapping.

This weekend is the 'Herefordshire Twinshock Club' King of the Castle meeting, apparently making up round 4 of their championship. I have no clue who's who in any of the shots and I haven't the foggiest about the machinery involved, especially since it was all covered in mud.

1)
20070630-C0CC7804.jpg

2)
20070630-C0CC7829.jpg

3)
20070630-C0CC7830.jpg

4)
20070630-C0CC7836.jpg

5)
20070630-C0CC7847.jpg

6)
20070630-C0CC7885.jpg

7)
20070630-C0CC7888.jpg

8)
20070630-C0CC7940.jpg

9)
20070630-C0CC7949.jpg

10)
20070630-C0CC7989.jpg

C&C appreciated!

Paul

really good, especially for a first attempt. 4 and 9 are my favourites :)

Wow nicely done there mate,

wouldnt know how to fault these, never done Motocross.

Nice job Paul,

Motox is a pain to, mud,mud,mud or dust,dust,dust

Great shots i always wanted to shoot motor X, but i never know when and where to go.

Great shots i always wanted to shoot motor X, but i never know when and where to go.

This link - http://www.angelfire.com/sports/nwc/ashton.htm seems to have some info on something around Ashton-under-Lyne and others around it, try getting in touch with them.

Another option, which may be a bit mad, is to try the forums at www.scottishmotocross.co.uk and ask for advice on tracks near you although it's scottish based most of the guys will race uk wide at times and are friendly enough to point you in the right direction.

http://www.tmxnews.co.uk/ is the best weekly paper for it so worth a try there too or even check your local newsagent for a copy, comes out on a friday.

Nice shots.
I just love those old 2 strokes, remember them from my youth. Nice to see some shots of the Maicos (Maico 490 = beast of a bike :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: ).
Also, love that old YZ in yellow :love:

Ah....them were the days, when men were men....:D

Thanks for sharing (y)

I really need to get out and do some MX stuff over the next few weeks
Next round of the Scottish at Duns next week ;)

is that the Shiplaw fun weekend? (ps, you might remember me as MAMS from another website ;) )

Ahhhhh, now I've got you :)

No, Shiplaw fun weekends the weekend after, next week it's the adults round 5, you'll know Stu Flockhart's still leading I assume :)

Edit: sorry for going OT pswillies

as Dod says sorry for the OT,

Ok will likely be at shiplaw if the weathers good, might think about Duns too though, not sure if my nephew is racing if he is i might just tag along

yeah i keep an eye of flockharts results :)

sorry for the bump but Duns has been cancelled :(

damn was tempted this weekend too, will just need to wait for the fun weekend and hope the weather improves a few days of raing before it owuld be good though as long as it's light. Shiplaw is a pain is it;s soaking and worse if it's dry lol

Back