Edit My Images
Yes
060715_0209w.jpg

060715_0141w.jpg

060715_0170w.jpg

060715_0143w.jpg

060715_0189w.jpg

060715_0147w.jpg

The rest can be seen in my TP Gallery here.

All shot with the 18-55 kit lens (Thanks busterboy (y) ), a few with polariser.

All look excellent to me, great detail, superb colour, exposures look perfect.

Think the 2nd would be my favourite if I could choose only one.

(Who says the kit lens sucks - think that proves that in the right hands it can hold its own)
(y)

hehe thanks mate...You mean the bench?

I almost didnt process that.
I asked matty and jonny on MSN if they thought it was worth it (sent a 600px proof pic from RSP), and one said yay, the other said "hmmm", but I did it anyway, and for the better I think, I'm glad I did. :)

Marcel said:
hehe thanks mate...You mean the bench?

I almost didnt process that.
I asked matty and jonny on MSN if they thought it was worth it (sent a 600px proof pic from RSP), and one said yay, the other said "hmmm", but I did it anyway, and for the better I think, I'm glad I did. :)
hmmmmm :cautious:

Hey, the processed version looks great now though! What do i know :p

Last one looks really nicely done, love the colours & pattern.
In the second image (the bench) has someone gone to McDonalds for a happy meal but decided after ordering the drink that they fancied a gravy & chips instead? Madness :LOL:
Really nice images & very nicely done. (y)

#2 is my favourite too - the processing has lent itself really well to the shot!

Number 2 is great - I really love that one. Don't think it would have worked on a bench without the inscription so well spotted.

Number 5, i hope you don't mind but is now my desktop. It's got loads of interest in it.

Regards,

BobR

All very good with the third one my fav(y)

I was near there yesterday myself.

I like the last one, great colours :)

BobR, don't mind at all mate :)

If anyone wants any of these as desktop sizes then feel free to gimme the image number and which size you'd like (y) I feel flattered that someone would want to use them :D

Many thanks for the kind comments. It was one day where I came home really optimistic about the shots I'd gotten and wasn't disappointed. (which is usually the norm).

Jonny said:
hmmmmm :cautious:

Hey, the processed version looks great now though! What do i know :p

No you were right, that's why I was a bit unsure....the original does look quite dull, and I kept thinking "hmm it's just a wonky bench". Luckily I had my PP head on and managed to get a nice shot out of it (IMO).

Welcome to the 30D club. It is quite literally an awesome camera, which asdide from the FF format is arguably better than the 5D (in my opinion) :)

Great pictures!

Diego.

Thanks. I'm finding it a great improvement on my 350D now.
Not once have I regretted upgrading. It feels much more comfier and 'natural' in my hand, and the improvements theyve made are amazing.

One thing I have noticed is that it nails the White Balance pretty much spot on every time, whereas my 350 used to get it wrong alot.
Also, I'm now learning how to use the spot metering (ie finding natural neutral tones in every scene to meter from etc). And my exposures are needing less and less tweaking (apart from things like levels etc)

I like the bench one.

Somebody called Sarah needs a good slapping, though.

Wow! Marcel (y)

5 for me, though it made me feel a little anxious because Im not good with deep water. I guess that means you really captured the depth and vastness of it all.
Also the lone fisherman could quite easily be my old dad, so touched a sensitive spot. Amazing sky there too!
Beautiful rich colours & tones going on there in all of them. (y)

Cheers you two.

The colours are thanks to my polariser.
To be honest Ive never really given it a good airing, it's always been token uses, but yesterday I decided to get it out and use it properly, and I'm glad I did.

All good shots but the last one is my favourite, colours are fab.

Really excellent set of shots Marcel ... only one I'm dubious about posted here is the 'wall & wire' one ... but the rest are pdg imo ... (y)

The rest in your gallery are pretty much of the same quality too ... you must have had a good day m8 ... :thinking:

The church door would be stunning with the right light falling on it methinx ... :p

First time out with the 30D....

Looks like the start of a beautiful relationship. :D

Great results there!! I somehow didn't think you'd regret the upgrade....! :D

Superb results Marcel.
Definitely worth the upgrade.

I particularly liked the bench shot too but the colours are amazing on all of them.

Thanks guys. From the replies here, and on another forum, the bench and the cylinders are the faves. Im quite pleased, considering I nearly binned the bench shot. (Well, held off processing, it wasn't bad enough to be a binner :p)

I have the landscape version of the rocky shoreline one as my desktop, the first time I've ever used one of my shots as a desktop.

To say that I've had the camera two weeks, and I have been REALLY uninspired the whole time, I think it came flooding back on saturday, once we hit the peak district.
I even said jokingly that I sold my creativity with the 350D :p

All great, lovely colours and comps. The last one is my fav by a mile though, fantastic colours and design(y)(y)

Marcel said:
I even said jokingly that I sold my creativity with the 350D :p
Jokingly ey :razz:

(That was said jokingly too btw :D)

But yea, i need to get myself one of those polarizers so i don't have to nag you to borrow it :p

Hehe

Just a quickie, all those that are saying the 'last one' you do mean the last one on here, and not on the gallery page that I linked to?

May I ask what brand of polarizer your using?

Really impressed with the blues and greens in these shots - might have to look into getting one.

I would be interested to know which polarizer you used too.

I was only up the hill from where you were using a polarizer and my skies didn't turn out as blue as that:thinking:

It's a Tiffen.

Not sure how much they go for, as it was included with my G3 when I bought that (second hand), so not sure how much they are or where to get them from.

BUT, I believe the Hama ones aren't that bad. I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend.

I think the average is from 10-30 quid, and in the right shots, they really DO make a massive difference.

very good marcel. told you that bench shot would be better in BW!

impressed with the quality even with the kit lens

Back