Beginner first time out

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_0046 (2).JPG DSC_0051 (2).JPG DSC_0069 (2).JPG
These are my very first shot's captured with my d5300 with a 55-300mm nikkor dx. from a start off point of vew i find them ok but hope to improve greatly as i learn.

Thanks

Great that a Kingfisher is the subject of your first shots ...they do not look well focused but in truth they are too small to critique well :)

Great that a Kingfisher is the subject of your first shots ...they do not look well focused but in truth they are too small to critique well :)

As Gramps says,very small pictures to gauge anything from,if you could post settings ie shutter speed,apature and ISO it will help in advising where you can improve.How big a crop are they ?.Light conditions ?.
They do look out of focus and the one on the wall under exposed.
We all have to start somewhere though so don't fret too much,

Thanks guys, i'll be honest it was an overcast day, and i was trying to get a bit trigger happy. i didnt realise the best place to focus was the eye and it was on my 55-300 and i didnt want to chase it so had to wait. i had to really crop them as i just couldnt get near, plus its a place frequented by everyone and the kingfisher can get a bit skittish.

i took them by hand also which was a bit nerve racking and i pressed the record button a few times instead of capture, i appreciate the positive criticism as im learning via a book and rather than going chapter to chapter, it will point me (hopefully) into digesting it easier looking for questions and solutions.

i have a pic of a harris hawk i took on a friends sigma 150-500 using my body and im really happy with as it was day 2 and tried using the basic editing on windows, i will get flickr then upload

Cheers, Kris

Nice subjects, and an opportunity to make some great images.

As said they seem to out of focus, and colour balances a bit cock-eyed.

But those criticisms will be sorted with practice and advice.

Main thing is the subject. You are on a winner for the future...........

Thanks for sharing...

Back