First time using 50mm 1.8 :)

Edit My Images
No
............................................................................................................................

Last edited:
A nice couple of shots there, the first is a lovely family shot.

I have the D5100n & went for the 35mm over the 50mm but one day.

Auto portrait mode uses auto focus point so that's why I never use that mode as I like to get the focus exactly where I want it buy enjoy the finding out journey (y)

Hi Jorj, the first is lovely.

I went with the 35 as I found the 50 too long. Next time you get chance to, just bosh the camera in aperture priority mode and use up that lovely wide aperture. Although, for group shots you'll be better off stopping down a tad.

......................................................................................................

Last edited:
Hi Jorj :) I also like the first shot; very nice depth-of-field. I've got same lens for my D3100 and it's a cracker! I'd urge you to get practicing on Manual mode though - once you figure it you'll never go back! I was really apprehensive about trying Manual when I first got my camera, but now I almost exclusively shoot in it. Not everything works out perfectly, but it's a learning experience, and it really will be worth it :)

.............................................................................................................

Last edited:
Back