First Time Wakeboarding

Name
Paul Buttle
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

Thought I would show a few pictures of myself and friends wakeboarding, it's the first time a few of us have done it and although i snowboard a lot found wakeboarding totally different. Mainly the whole holding the rope behind you while cutting out onto your toe edge!

The weather was terrible and looking through the photos we had sun, torrential rain and then high winds!

Still another exhilirating sport that I am definately going to pursue...

The photos aren't as exciting as some of them here as it was our first go, but I did enjoy it!

2649538898_cfd8fa5391.jpg

My mate Stuart - a natural at everything... He tried a backroll or something by the end of the lesson! Our boat driver described him as one of the most naturally gifted individuals he has ever taken. :clap: Now that is a compliment!

2648707383_277a7c7f36.jpg

Steve had done it a few times and has his own equipment, he is getting better each time I watch him!

2648707341_62b5732eaa.jpg

Sarah was so nervous she almost pulled out of trying it, but the boat driver had her up and behind the boat within 5 minutes!

2649538774_8e133e7aa6.jpg

Russell has an uncanny ability to pick stuff up, he managed a wake to wake 180 by the end of the session

2648707229_3aed05370e.jpg

This is my girlfriend Emma, like me she LOVES her snowboarding and found wakeboarding quite easy, even managing a real wide sweep on her toe edge!

2648707201_ae53b48c01.jpg

Div is not a naturally water person, in fact this is the first time I have ever seen her do something like this. She was up behind the boat so quick that she looked stunned...

2649538748_1122e3714d.jpg

And finally, this is me... I was trying to go out as far as possible to get some speed up to hit the wake! I managed to hit the wake pretty hard, trouble is, it was with my face... ;)

A great time was had by all of us and I heartily recommend it to anyone that wants to try board sports... Next photos I hope will be a little more exciting!

This is an awesomely sharp set, what a talent. I love the spray, and the facial expression in the last, is priceless :D

Look's like an awesome time was had, these are sharp....

Not a bad one amongst em (but then I guess you've not posted those). Great set of shots

This is an awesomely sharp set, what a talent. I love the spray, and the facial expression in the last, is priceless :D

Look's like an awesome time was had, these are sharp....

Thanks Gary, really enjoyed it - the last shot was taken by my friend using my 30D and 100-400mm IS L - I was chuffed as he has an old 3mp Fuji which he rarely uses! The shot he took was sharp so it's either a credit to him or the lens/camera combo! :D

Not a bad one amongst em (but then I guess you've not posted those). Great set of shots

Cheers OG, I was shooting on continuous and took around 450 shots... Obviously the first thing I did was lightroom them and remove the OOF and generally duff shots!

We had some serious changes in the weather though so that didn't help matters.

Overall I am really pleased with them! Plus my camera got soaking from the rain so I got a bit worried, however it survived and turned on again today :D

Back