First time with film - Battersea

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Over Christmas I picked up a negative scanner to help my parents digitise all our family photos. I've enjoyed the process so recently my father in law gave me his Olympus OM40 so I thought I'd try out some analogue photography myself! I found it a completely different experience to shooting digital, I loved the finite nature of film. The limited shots meaning that every one should count and the delayed feedback of waiting for them to be developed has been a very pleasant experience. Most of my shots were a bit rubbish (I'm still very much learning) but I liked this one and wanted to show it off :) I hope you like it too.

20230124-AnalogueLearning (5).jpg by Tommy P UK, on Flickr

That's a fine photo Tom .. a hint of smoke, and the tilt works a treat.

Over Christmas I picked up a negative scanner to help my parents digitise all our family photos. I've enjoyed the process so recently my father in law gave me his Olympus OM40 so I thought I'd try out some analogue photography myself! I found it a completely different experience to shooting digital, I loved the finite nature of film. The limited shots meaning that every one should count and the delayed feedback of waiting for them to be developed has been a very pleasant experience. Most of my shots were a bit rubbish (I'm still very much learning) but I liked this one and wanted to show it off :) I hope you like it too.

20230124-AnalogueLearning (5).jpg by Tommy P UK, on Flickr
Very true , Nice image.

Nice work Tom!

Welcome to the dark side! (F&C)

Very good photograph. It is great that the old Olympus got you thinking more about your photography, for me some days are digital days and other days are film days. I enjoy both ways of working with a camera and the different thought process that they require though I have found that I am using a digital rangefinder much in the way I use a film camera.
A day out with the EOS can be a hundred photographs of which I am happy with perhaps ten, a day out with the film camera is possibly twenty pictures and I might be happy with half of them.

Great start! Some say film is limiting, but when you transfer decision making from the camera to your own creativity you may find it sets you free.

Back