First time...

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
Never shot landscapes/scenery before, hope I've done these scenes justice, but I figured people on here would be more qualified to tell me.. Be gentle. Just looking for advice on what to do next time, and any editing tips anyone has. Sometimes I get so absorbed in tweaking one particular thing that I miss something else.

na06.jpg

na08.jpg

na12.jpg

na19.jpg

A few things I would perhaps look to change,

1. Colours look a little flat, lacking a bit of punch, also not keen on the large dark area at the bottom of the picture. Nicely caught reflections.

2. My personal favourite, but maybe crop out the power lines that run right across the scene.

3. Like the lead in line of the fence and the brown of the ferns in the bottom of the picture. Shame the trees are not sharp and also the main tree is a little too central for me.

4. Not keen on the composure. Again the tree is too central in the frame for my liking.

All in my opinion, but I hope it helps.

#1 is a lovely composition but I would boost saturation a tad and crop to below your watermark

#2 is a good silhouette and would be greatly improved if the power lines were not visible.

#3 is a nice start but,just doesn't get there...fence good but the background is...ordinary

#4 the tree is too central and blends into the distant trees so doesn't work on any level for me :shrug:

Thank you :)
I'll work on them a bit more in between shoots then upload again.

your shots have latent imagery..waiting to be released
they are all the ones i would mull over and take...thinking shots like no 3
the fence there is ok as it fills out the lower areas of the portrait format
some pp especially no 1 would bring out some magic and perhaps a new dimension to your eye

na06-HDR by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

..keep it up laura
cheers
geof

Last edited:
like what youve done on the image mrcrow, as stated earlier the colours need boosting .

thankfully...we..and that definately includes me..have access to a wealth of digital tools to 'pretty up' our shots..
i used hdr tooling on that one

Some thoughts....

#1 It's not really clear what the viewer is supposed to be looking at. There is no subject.

#2 A crop ...

16-12-10-01.jpg

..but there neither the sky nor the silhouette are making significant contributions to the composition.

#3 Are we looking at the fence or the tree ? It's a bit confused. Also, respect the frame edge. The fence is interfering too much with it.

#4 Too much of the content is not actually contributing to the composition. The tree is a bit swallowed up by the foliage in the background and, as mentioned, is too central anyway.

Back