Beginner First timelapse attempt

Not something I've tried so no crit from me, looks pretty good.

An nice interesting clip. What camera and settings were used?

Looks OK for me. Much better than my first attempt. :)

That said, as you did ask CC, did you have a filter on the camera? There bit of ghosting from one of the spotlights. That could be a filter, dirt/mark on the lens or just being in the wrong position in relation to the spotlight.

For me, the interest is the wheel and the clouds, and there a bit too much foreground. Pan up a bit and you could have seen the clouds passing over the wheel too.

The colours look very good. :)

Hi, you are always going to suffer from compression on the web unfortunately, try using youtube & work with there recommended upload settings this will help with it. Good first effort, I would personally have used a slightly longer shutter speed to get a bit more blur on the wheel movement, looked for some better foreground interest as the grass is a tad boring & you have people moving in front of the camera during your shot which is distracting, as suggested above maybe a slight move of the camera upwards to include more sky ? Time lapse is easy to do but difficult to master ha ha, get the foreground, mid & background interest nailed then balance shutter speed (people tend to drag the shutter in time-lapse for a nice effect) & interval for the subject. Have fun ! :)

Thank you all for the comments and feedback :)

Looks OK for me. Much better than my first attempt. :)

That said, as you did ask CC, did you have a filter on the camera? There bit of ghosting from one of the spotlights. That could be a filter, dirt/mark on the lens or just being in the wrong position in relation to the spotlight.

For me, the interest is the wheel and the clouds, and there a bit too much foreground. Pan up a bit and you could have seen the clouds passing over the wheel too.

The colours look very good. :)

Hey redhed17, you know I can't actually remember, I might have had an ND filter on it, but now you mention it I do see the ghosting. Thanks, next time i'll focus on getting the framing right.

Hi, you are always going to suffer from compression on the web unfortunately, try using youtube & work with there recommended upload settings this will help with it. Good first effort, I would personally have used a slightly longer shutter speed to get a bit more blur on the wheel movement, looked for some better foreground interest as the grass is a tad boring & you have people moving in front of the camera during your shot which is distracting, as suggested above maybe a slight move of the camera upwards to include more sky ? Time lapse is easy to do but difficult to master ha ha, get the foreground, mid & background interest nailed then balance shutter speed (people tend to drag the shutter in time-lapse for a nice effect) & interval for the subject. Have fun ! :)

Thanks for the feedback, Baz. Yeah I agree with you and Redhed about the foreground, I'll definitely look to get the framing right on the next one. Longer shutter speed, got it. I'll try that also

Back