First to post gets a free gift from The photography Forums.

S

Steve

Now that I have your attention..

Recently there has been a large increase of people posting pictures outside our rules. There is no need to post anything larger for a photograph to be appreciated or receive critique however if you do wish to offer a file outside our limits then do so a link.

The Staff here are spending far to much of their time dropping people PM’s and politely asking them in threads to resize images so from today onwards ANY and ALL images found to be outside our limits will have their image tags broken without exception and without any future explanation.

Below is a copy of our rule that covers the file and image sizes allowed, I have posted it here so that nobody can say we didn’t know the rules. The complete set of rules for the two Photo sharing and critique forums can be seen in the stickies at the top of each forum, please also take a minute to read through them again just to refresh your memories.

• To respect people that still access the internet via dial up or that are running small screen resolutions, images posted should be no larger than 800 pixels on their longest side and have a file size of no larger than 160k. Off site links can be provided to larger images if you wish.

I am sorry there was/is no free gift but hey, there might be next time ;)

I'm sorry but i think that's false advertisement and I demand my free gift now!! A Canon 350D will suffice.

:D Only jesting

A full size image of a 350d would be way outside the forum image dimension rules...it's massive! :nono:

In this month's Outdoor Photography mag, Colin Prior was saying how the 16bit image reaches almost 100mb...

Bachs said:
to clarify, I meant a picture of the 350d, not from it...a little jibe at the small size of the camera :naughty:

I saw a 350D for the first time yesterday and couldn't believe how small they were.. :shock:

After owning the 20D and now using 1DMk2 the 350D looked tiny..

This is not a jibe at any owners of the 350D just my surprise at my findings. ;)

It looks and feels half decent with the grip attached...in fact the grip is nearly as big as the camera :LOL:

Back