First trip out for ages...Yorkshire Dales.

The first one is a nicely composed shot in a beautiful part of the country, I love that area and you have done it justice. I might be tempted to put a software nd grad on the sky darkening it a little, this would increase the colour saturation in the sky and give a little more defnition to the clouds, but that's a personal thing :)

For me the tree is a little too tight in the frame, a bit more space all round would help make it a better shot.

The first one is a nicely composed shot in a beautiful part of the country, I love that area and you have done it justice. I might be tempted to put a software nd grad on the sky darkening it a little, this would increase the colour saturation in the sky and give a little more defnition to the clouds, but that's a personal thing :)

For me the tree is a little too tight in the frame, a bit more space all round would help make it a better shot.

Thanks for the reply, Steve...much appreciated...In my defense, all I had with me was a 16-35 f4 with a polariser. In the first image the sun was at the wrong angle to get full effect.
In the second image, my main subject was the tree and I wanted Penyghent in the distance, and the remnant of limestone pavement, and it didn't look right in landscape format....which would have given it the room.

Back