First trip out of 2022 - Mam Tor

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Happy New Year, all!

Finally started getting back a bit of the old photography mojo last year and didn't want to let it lapse this year so set my alarm for 5am, woke up to pelting rain against my bedroom window, procrastinated in bed for about half an hour before finally deciding to get on with it and head out to the Peak District and see if anything happened for sunrise. Not been to Mam Tor before, although I know it's a bit of a honeypot... and I wasn't surprised to see a few photographers already there by the time I arrived. All a good bunch and all very respectful of each other's shots. If any are on here then great to meet you!

Anyway, photos... all variations on the same theme...

51794412964_8e14157150_b.jpg
That Mam Tor Gate by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

51794163843_1b0f07acb2_b.jpg
Mam Tor Sunrise by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

51793096197_eebd5d164c_b.jpg
The Great Ridge by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

51794412914_203a173913_c.jpg
The Great Ridge Portrait by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Thanks as always for viewing (y)

3rd one for me. Good on you at 5am, winter is for a late start and early finish

Nice set. I agree with Jim no3 for me of the bunch due to the sky detail but a close shave with no2(y)

Nice set. I love it there and you have worked the scene well

Thanks very much - first time there for me (I know it's incredibly popular). Rarely go to the peaks... might have to go a little more often!

Nice set. I agree with Jim no3 for me of the bunch due to the sky detail but a close shave with no2(y)
Thanks! Yeah, those clouds had about 5 minutes' worth of niceness before the sun hid behind a bank of cloud. Think #3's the one for me too, for similar reasons.

Nice set Nick. The 3rd photograph gets my vote.
It's a great spot and so many different compositions available making it a great location.

Back