First trip out with D200

Name
HELEN
Edit My Images
Yes
I tried hubby's D200 today, in preparation for receiving my D300 as an early Christmas present next week. Here are the results:

Picture 1

rivington-1.jpg

Picture 2

rivington-2.jpg

Picture 3

rivington-3.jpg

Picture 4

rivington-4.jpg

Picture 5

rivington-5.jpg

Picture 7

rivington-7.jpg

It was a cloudy day - in fact it was trying to rain - so we were somewhat hampered with regard to lighting. I therefore had to up the ISO on many of them, just to get the camera to take a quick enough shot. As a result, some of them (if not all) are quite grainy. I'm told this will not be such a problem on my new D300.

Last edited:
They're lovely. Obviously the D200 suites you, I'll keep the D300 when it arrives :LOL:

All beautiful shots, with the exception of the last one, if you don't mind me saying. I don't like to see vehicles and civilisation in nature pictures; but that's just my taste.

The first shot suffers a bit from camera shake (something the D300 would sort out rather well, as you'd be able to manage better higher ISO).

No. 3 and No. 4 are wonderful. So serene, so peaceful (y)

They're lovely. Obviously the D200 suites you, I'll keep the D300 when it arrives :LOL:

Ahem, don't you have a D700 to keep you busy :p?

All beautiful shots, with the exception of the last one, if you don't mind me saying. I don't like to see vehicles and civilisation in nature pictures; but that's just my taste.

The first shot suffers a bit from camera shake (something the D300 would sort out rather well, as you'd be able to manage better higher ISO).

No. 3 and No. 4 are wonderful. So serene, so peaceful (y)

I don't mind you saying at all Wail. Thanks for the comments. I'm with you regarding the last one. I hate people and cars getting in the way too - I shouldn't have put that one up there really.

I'm SO looking forward to receiving my D300!!! :woot:

Actually, may be it's not a bad idea that you keep the D300 to yourself Darren . . . then D700 can go to Mrs. C. where I am sure it will be well taken care of :p

Am I about to lose one of the only two friends I have here :eek:

Nice try Darren but shes sussed you out:LOL:

Nice shots Mrs C(y)

Yes, totally sussed out :LOL:. No I am really pleased that she is getting more and more into digital photography. Hope she can get the most from it and looking forward to going out together to take a few picks.

Actually, may be it's not a bad idea that you keep the D300 to yourself Darren . . . then D700 can go to Mrs. C. where I am sure it will be well taken care of :p

Am I about to lose one of the only two friends I have here :eek:

Oy thats my new toy, anyway I can't keep the D200 as my main camera now as I am selling the grip and GPS (y)

He he!!! Thanks Wail and Dangermouse! I'm sure I could get used to the D700 if Darren wants the D300 so much!

Mrs Cowasaki, you have an eye for a picture and your shots are lovely, although at first I thought they were six months old ... (it's spring Downunder!). Your images bring back bitter sweet memories of England that I visited 20 yrs ago with my Sussex (Bexhill) wife - I would have been terrified to go without her, yet I was so embarrassed at having a ring put through my nose and having her tug at the rope whenever I lingered. ;-)

Oh, I forgot to mention that it was at exactly this time of year when we arrived in England. The Autumn glory was at its peak and for the entire 6 weeks we had clear blue skies and not even a drop English rain! :)

Great early Xmas pressie...lucky you !!.

Some good shots even though it was bad conditions.I am biased though as I love trees.

keith

Mrs Cowasaki, you have an eye for a picture and your shots are lovely, although at first I thought they were six months old ... (it's spring Downunder!). Your images bring back bitter sweet memories of England that I visited 20 yrs ago with my Sussex (Bexhill) wife - I would have been terrified to go without her, yet I was so embarrassed at having a ring put through my nose and having her tug at the rope whenever I lingered. ;-)

Thanks very much Mark! We're going out again today as the sun is shining!!! Glad you had some good weather when you were in England too.

Great early Xmas pressie...lucky you !!.

Some good shots even though it was bad conditions.I am biased though as I love trees.

keith

Hi keith - a fellow Brummy!

Yes, a wonderful present! He's buying it early so that I have it when we go to the convention in Leeds at the beginning of October - can't wait! Thanks for the compliments on my pics.

PS. although I live in Preston, I was born and raised in Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield to be precise), so it's nice to see others from the motherland.

the d200 is excellent! Just use a tripod in lower light. The colours from the d200 are excellent. Be happy with whatever equipment you have. Think more about light and composition.

By the way No2 is my favorite. Its perfect overcast cloudy light for that shot.

the d200 is excellent! Just use a tripod in lower light. The colours from the d200 are excellent. Be happy with whatever equipment you have. Think more about light and composition.

By the way No2 is my favorite. Its perfect overcast cloudy light for that shot.

Thanks for the comment sanatan. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. I think you've misunderstood the situation. My lovely hubby had already ordered me a D300 and we were waiting for it to arrive. It was his idea. I had a D40X before, but Darren wanted me to have a better quality camera and he bought it early so that I had it in time for the convention in York next week. It wasn't a case of me being ungrateful and wanting more.

I do think about composition and light.:shrug:

i think that comment wasnt directed at you only but this whole thread.
Enjoy your new camera!!!

I will enjoy it thanks. Hubby's worked very hard to get it for me and I am extremely grateful. I'm looking forward to taking it out on some trips.

Many of the comments were jokes made between forum friends.

He's buying it early so that I have it when we go to the convention in Leeds at the beginning of October - can't wait!

I don't know why I keep mentioning the convention in LEEDS?! It's in York and I know full well it's in York, but I keep saying Leeds! I'm going mad!:wacky:

Back