First try at British Superbikes at Knockhill

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
OK, personal opinions...!!

In 1 i'd crop it so the riders are at the top of the frame, with space to ride into the shot.

2&3 are too far away for me. I've seen that type of shot being effective with the right background and light but the straight before the hairpin at Knockhill isn't working. 3 might have more impact if you had gone even wider, and brought the crowd more into the shot, but it looks a bit caught between two stools as it is; too far to convey the speed, too close to give a sense of the venue.

OK, personal opinions...!!

In 1 i'd crop it so the riders are at the top of the frame, with space to ride into the shot.

2&3 are too far away for me. I've seen that type of shot being effective with the right background and light but the straight before the hairpin at Knockhill isn't working. 3 might have more impact if you had gone even wider, and brought the crowd more into the shot, but it looks a bit caught between two stools as it is; too far to convey the speed, too close to give a sense of the venue.

Cheers Bobby.

At the bottom of 1 head's from the people in front of me would have been visible, didn't have much choice with that on unfortunately.
I see what you mean about the other 2 as well, now that you mention it, I can edit those again though, no heads in the way:)

Cheers for the input, appreciated.

Number 1 is definitely the best - it shows the actual racing. Number 4 is best of the others - there is a better impression of speed without the distracting and almost static background.

Back