First try at Urbex

Yes a wide angle lens works well for a lot of Urbex stuff if you ask me. I think the first shot would have been better if it was taken looking down the center of the hall , Urbex is about the buildings most of the time and your point of focus is a tire , if it was something very old then maybe it would have worked better but its just a tire.

The second shot is ok but I think I would have shot in lower and in landscape so you got more of those old red bricks and that nice floor in the shot.

The last shot I think is the best of the lot . That floor is great but again I would have gone for a landscape shot and would have shot it from a bit lower down closer to the floor.

I have been shooting urbex for a few years but I'm no expert so hope my feedback was some help. :)

Some nice stuff there mate, I like the fireplace shot, I'd compose it like that if I were to shoot it so I'm going to like it... Love the colours too, some nice vibrant stuff. Keep it up, there's some cracking stuff not too far from you!

Very nice set of shots. I must say I like the first one the best, there is a real sense of the decay and disrepair about the location. I take the previous posters point about the focus point being a the tyre, that said it is out of context. I also agree with the previous poster that the second shot, a lower viewpoint and a wider lens perhaps.

I also really like the third, lotsof interest in that one, lost of colours and again a real sense of dereliction and decay.

I am no expert but I like what I like!

Last edited:
Wide angle lens for the first shot would have been great - so I agree with your suggestion, but also, I don't feel there is anything really wrong with your shots...

Thanks for the replies all:)

Al - got it in one mate!

George - Any suggestions for locations welcome;)

I thought boys village would be gone by now - last time I was there was about 5 years ago - my first urbex site:)

Back