Beginner First try, fun wedding photos

Name
caitlin
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone!
Hopefully posted this in the right place I did have a look for a wedding section but couldn't spot anything so thought this would be the best place for it.

I've been working really hard to try and bring my skills up more and more since I last posted on here, quite a while ago now!

I love to do portraits and children but I recently got the opportunity to go to my friends wedding and she said I could bring my camera along with me so I had the opportunity to snap up some photographs. I just wondered if anyone could give me any comments on them with what you think...they might be terrible but I'd love to know where i'm going right, or wrong! Any comments greatly appreciated. Was my first ever try at something like this so I'd appreciate any tips etc!

View attachment 41327

The little angel in the middle looks ready to go but the rest don't seem aware of your camera at all.
I knew a friend who had a little bell that he used to get the groups attention. A tinkle would usually get a smile.
A move of the camera position to the left would improve the background?

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment about moving to the left, the light would have looked nicer if it was properly in the frame!
I took lots of them smiling towards the camera but managed to catch this one of them all laughing at something the groom had said. I just think it captures the happiness of the day.
Thanks for your comments!

Thanks for your comment about moving to the left, the light would have looked nicer if it was properly in the frame!
I took lots of them smiling towards the camera but managed to catch this one of them all laughing at something the groom had said. I just think it captures the happiness of the day.
Thanks for your comments!
You're too far away for it to capture the moment. It just looks like a posed group shot gone wrong.

Not quite posed. Not quite reportage.

Why not post some more Caitlin?

I've seen lots worse than these three, but ...

#2 - never set up a posed shot in front of anything that will inevitably grow out of head

#3 - madam with the folded arms needed telling to stand properly

HTH a bit :)

1. It's a cute kid. Not much wrong with it but you should look to the background - for me the tree to the left is distracting.

2. That lamppost is easy to remove in post!

3. Ginger is looking off to the right and as said above, folded arms aren't a good look!

By the sounds of it you weren't posing them so it might not have been easy to direct any of these. None are particular bad, just a few niggles with each of them.

Yes that helped alot thankyou, I realized about the lampost issue hoping to fix that in photoshop!

I did try to have a go posing a few but I certainly found it a challenge! If anything it's just something I'd never tried before and any experience is good i guess!

Thanks for the comments!

thankyou, makes sense then they are not looking up, got a fair few of them squinting lol! thanks for that tip!

I hope another one of my friends get married so I can have another go lol!
She really loves them, thanks for your comment!

Back