First Try......the Missus

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone.
Been a bit of a ghost here for a while so i thought i would do the scary thing and post some of my first attempts.These are pretty much point and shoot(aperture and white balance messes with my head right now)so i know they are far from perfect but any comments,suggestions or outright brutality would be welcome.

0812.jpg

1521.jpg

0833.jpg

1931.jpg

look a bit over exposed to me although i like the shots

1, 2 and 4 are over exposed. I like the idea of 1 and 3, good poses :)

Number 2 doesnt do much for me, you've cut most of her out. And number 4, she looks uncomfortable, her neck is strained.

Number 3 is the best of the lot (y)

I like number 4 - not for the pose or the technical stuff but because your wife looks relaxed , there is life in her eyes and she looks confident - one of the unwritten rules is a good photographer needs to be able to get the best out of a subject and a good model the best out of a photographer.

take some more and post them

Thanks for the feedback guys.....yeah the girlfriend is willing alright.moody too but thats another story.comments taken onboard and much appreciated.
(y)

Just out of interest apart from the over exposure issues anything else that screams wrong?

Nice set there - and I won't repeat what the others have said.

Looks to me like your shutter speed is too slow. They're a bit soft and that's because you've been shooting at 1/8 sec and 1/4 sec. Most people can't hand hold still for that length of time. Fortunately, because of the over-exposure, you've got a bit to play with - so you can get away with a faster shutter speed - 2 problems (exposure and sharpness) solved at one go

I really like the idea and pose of #1. Its a good shot.

MV

Number 3 works best for me.

Thanks all for the comments.its obvious the main problem is exposure with those shots,so i thought id add a few that were not so over exposed.......c+ c ?
cheers(y)

0801.jpg

049.jpg

196.jpg

I still think you have focusing issues here. But that could still be due to slow shutter speeds. the last shot, just in front of the the pillow is the item that seems to have the point of focus. Apart from that, some of the poses have been quite contemporary, while others, just, standard. Keep at it.

Back