First video; made with GoPro hero 3.

Very very good for a first video!

Really well put together with some great shots.

The only thing from me: your shots were a bit long, I'd be looking to cut it with a lot more punch, shot after shot after shot long shot.... shut after shot after shot so on and so forth.

Almost had a music video feel it and I feel with a bit of a re cut you can make that into something really awesome.

Excellent PP in terms of grading, well done.

Certainly well recorded and put together.

As for the content I didn't really get why there was so much driving in it. I'd have preferred a lot more of the bmxing. The driving parts got very very samey

Cheers peeps!

Certainly well recorded and put together.

As for the content I didn't really get why there was so much driving in it. I'd have preferred a lot more of the bmxing. The driving parts got very very samey

fair point, to be honest I was just having a play with it as my new purchase and as it's so versatile i wnated to try and do some different things, it then sort of morphed in to the video that you see there. there wasn't an overall masterplan to start with!

thanks for the comments.

That's really good fella. Music really works, and the video really works with the music. So much so that if you tighten it up a bit, get a bit more variety in there, then it really would feel like the video for the track. Nice work.

That's really good man! Love the feel of the video with the music. When you were doing the time lapse shots, what was the interval gap setting? Under a second?

Good job!

what editing software did you use? really like the motorway shots and as above said this would make for a good music video

what editing software did you use? really like the motorway shots and as above said this would make for a good music video

Premiere for the editing and grading of the video clips and Lightroom for the timelapse processing.

I've been asked to create a similar video for a band who are quite popular but the song is very different so I think I'm going to re-edit some of the footage and shoot some fresh stuff and put something new together. Ill stick it on here when I'm done in a month or so.

Blimey very good effort for a first video! That Go Pro looks very good for time lapse stuff

Great 1st video, love the GoPro Hero 3!

I'm going to take one of ours to the Lakes next month as planning on doing the Via Ferrata up at Honister!

Like it justin, like it lots. I had heard bad thinngs about the battery life on the Hero3 and I just bought the hero2 a fortnight before they announced it....anyway love the video.

The battery isn't as bad as we expected PaulC but we carry spares anyway as they are inter-changeable.

That was your first video..!???!! You are better than god..!!

FANTASTIC.!

What software did you use..?

Wow that's really cool! I love T.E.E.D too :)

I'm currently creating a slide show of images in premiere as your probably well aware the stills have a dimension of 4000x3000 and need I to display the end resulting video on a mac (2560x1440). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what preset I should use in premiere? I've seen a people going for RED 4k 16x9 on tutorials. I'd rather not crop and image quality is very important.

Is there anyone who knows about this or has done something like this before?

Wow that's really cool! I love T.E.E.D too :)

I'm currently creating a slide show of images in premiere as your probably well aware the stills have a dimension of 4000x3000 and need I to display the end resulting video on a mac (2560x1440). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what preset I should use in premiere? I've seen a people going for RED 4k 16x9 on tutorials. I'd rather not crop and image quality is very important.

Is there anyone who knows about this or has done something like this before?

How do you plan on creating a 16:9 video from a 4:3 source without cropping? You could add pillarboxing, but that never looks good.

Personally I'd aim for 1920x1080 to ensure no irregular scaling or playback failures.

just ordered my hex f550 with brushless gimbal etc
hope I can post as good as yours soon

Hey Justin, loving the work and film, good job all round. If thats your first attempt Im looking forward to further posts from you. Is it ok to feature that film on my GoPro blog on my website. Always like to feature new and different videos with a different flair about them.

And in true TP fashion I feel I need to leave you with the only constructive crit I could come up with. Maybe bust out the shammy and give your car windows a good clean:)

How do you plan on creating a 16:9 video from a 4:3 source without cropping? You could add pillarboxing, but that never looks good.

Personally I'd aim for 1920x1080 to ensure no irregular scaling or playback failures.

That's how I've produced this video so far with pillarboxing and admittedly it does look awful. Im after a good reproduction on screen. I will go for the crop if what what telling me will achieve this. Does this mean I should go with this preset? Sorry for all the amateur questions I would use iMovie but it left all these horrible artefacts on my images.

60803033.jpg

That's how I've produced this video so far with pillarboxing and admittedly it does look awful. Im after a good reproduction on screen. I will go for the crop if what what telling me will achieve this. Does this mean I should go with this preset? Sorry for all the amateur questions I would use iMovie but it left all these horrible artefacts on my images.

60803033.jpg

I'd go for 1920x1080 25, that's a European standard for HD.

If you use a different frame size, you may not be able to play back. Hopefully you'll be able to tweak where on the image the crop occurs.

I'd go for 1920x1080 25, that's a European standard for HD.

If you use a different frame size, you may not be able to play back. Hopefully you'll be able to tweak where on the image the crop occurs.

Firstly, sorry for hijacking this thread.

Secondly, big thank you st599! The end result is looking a whole load better with your advice I've created essentially the sharpest slideshow I'm going to get out of these images. As you say I had to go with the crop in the end.

Hey Justin, loving the work and film, good job all round. If thats your first attempt Im looking forward to further posts from you. Is it ok to feature that film on my GoPro blog on my website. Always like to feature new and different videos with a different flair about them.

And in true TP fashion I feel I need to leave you with the only constructive crit I could come up with. Maybe bust out the shammy and give your car windows a good clean:)

Been away for a while so just checked back in the thread - yep no worries feel free to post it on your blog!

Agree re: dirty windows, I did actually clean them beforehand but it was so cold the water was freezing as I was spraying it which I think caused the streaking!!

I've got a couple more videos on the go, one which had been shot but not edited and one which I'm doing for a relatively big band with an amazing tune which I'm still at the concept stage with but ill stick both of them up here when I'm done.

Cheers for all the comments peeps.

Back