First video - of the Time Lapse Variety

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I've been toying with time lapse a little recently, and started collecting short clips which I decided to put into a proper video / short film.
I quiet enjoyed the whole process and am looking to continue to play in this area when I'm not shooting stills.

I'd like some feedback on this short film, I'm up for honest critique but please don't be too brutal, this is my first time :)
Also, I may need you to not use video specific abbreviations, at least until I start finding my feet.

Best with sound (as I guess goes without saying for video)

A good result, especially for your first go I'd say. Is all the movement done in post production?

A good result, especially for your first go I'd say. Is all the movement done in post production?

Thanks Rich. Most of the movement was done in post, but there are couple of clips (the shopping centre for example) that was done with a go-pro on a panning head. It was only a cheapy and unfortunately I think you can see it's not as smooth as some of the other movements.

Wow, I just reviewed the video on youtube and it had all sorts of swaying going on. Found out that, when youtube told me there was some camera shaking and it could fix them for me, I said yes. What a mistake that was!! I have taken off youtube's enhancements now so it should look much better than before, thanks for the help youtube :banghead:

Good effort. I'm guessing camera movement was done manually on a Tripod? Only comment unrelated to the video, is perhaps a nicer title card :)

Good effort. I'm guessing camera movement was done manually on a Tripod? Only comment unrelated to the video, is perhaps a nicer title card :)

Thanks Shams, any real camera movement was done with the cheap panning head (with GoPro), the rest is a panning effect added in post. Thanks for the tip with the Title. I was following a tutorial and seeing how many effects can be applied at once :) I'll be looking to replace it in time so thanks for drawing me attention to it!

I hope I didn't put people off with my 'it's my first time so be nice' comment. I know that I can see things in the video that don't look as good as they should, I really am looking to improve and progress so any criticism really is welcome, I wont take it personally :)

Technically well done but the scenes were often too long (particularly the title screens) and the music was that horrible wailing, which I hate. Perhaps voice over would work better? Take this with a pinch of salt because you just can't please all the people all the time.

Last edited:
Mark I am no expert, but do agree with Shams above, being it's your first attempt I think it is really good... I have been on the verge of some thing similar, could I ask what software you are using for editing etc...

Back