First video with the D4s...

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
It has taken me ages to work out how to turn the video recording on.....now I have to try and find out what settings I need. Any help with what I need to do - and more importantly, where on the camera to find whatever it is, gratefully received. At least I have managed to work out how to get my old radio trigger to work so I can turn the recording on and off from distance. This is an old British made radio trigger, the company is no longer in existence! Works over about 150 yards though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UitukNhGLs8

Nicely done. How did you do the slow motion, in the editor or in the camera?

I used 60fps in the camera and played with the shutter speed - exposure could have been better metered for. I was more interested in finding the settings at the time. The menu is so vast with so many options. I set it on M but what I thought was the light meter turns out to be the sound level meter! I still haven't worked out how to do meter readings in video yet.

Anyway, with 60fps taking the film, I then replayed it at the 0.125x replay rate, which I think it 7.5 frames per second, so 1 second takes 12.5 seconds to replay....hence the slow motion. That is as fast as I have on the camera and as slow as I have in the edit (it is only Movie Maker - does everything I need, and more and is very simple to find things on. I also have Shotcut, but I can't work that out at all - there are loads of tutorial videos, but they are spoken by bloody Yanks with so many ohs and ahs and ums it is painful to listen to. I can't even find the tools in Shotcut, and the jargon they use is gobbledegook.

Back