First Wedding.......

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I mentioned to Dod the other day (bounce flash thread) that I was taking Wedding pic's on Sunday. All seamed to go well, just though I'd post a few here see what you Wedding regulars could offer in terms of advice.

_MG_4531-01.jpg

_MG_4541-01.jpg

_MG_4545-01.jpg

_MG_4662-01.jpg

_MG_4663-01.jpg

Thanks for looking..............

these are lovely....really lovely, well done! You need no advice from what I can see. I particularly love the last one, you sure you haven't done this before?

mate, I'd have been delighted if mine had been half that good:clap: :notworthy:

great photos mr THX very clear and sharp, i can,t offer any advice as i,m quite a novice, but it does'ent look like you need any (y) the first one of the groom reminds me of sean connery a bit, not sure why though.

The last two are absolute corkers. :clap:

Nicely chosen backgrounds!

Agree with all the above, some great ideas very well executed - last would be my choice of the bunch, brilliant shot. (y)

Im sure the new couple will be very pleased with your work :clap:

very good, i think i would be pleased

Superb shots, well done

Well done - most folk manage to burn out the dress. Some nice poses - sure to keep the bride's mother happy and that is what matters!

Thanks for all your comments (y) They've given me a renewed sense of belief - TBH since Sunday I'd been looking through the shots over and over and just picking faults (I know the more you look the more you find)

I did feel I had taken too many where I'd blown the highlights, that is a lesson learned and needs correcting before the next one. Thankfully I always shoot in RAW and on a few where it happened I've been able to recover the blown bits quite well.

Marianne.
Definitely not done this sort of thing before, I've been trying to work my way from my love of Landscape shots TBH (Dam there so much easier - you don't have to tell it where to stand:puke:) and have been doing some portrait work and have been using my time (Thursday Nights) at my local camera club to share skills with the other members (No 25>30) who shoot at the other end of the scale i.e Studio Photographers - Weddings - Motor sport, in short 'No Landscapes'. Slowly it is having an effect because I'm feeling confident to shoot more and more varied subjects.
Beyond that I've done loads of research on the internet looking at different Photographers sites (Yes yours & Barries included) where I've found loads of wonderful images and bucket loads of inspiration.

Does the groom look a bit like Sean Connery or what? :D

Great looking pics there.

kamion said:
Does the groom look a bit like Sean Connery or what? :D

Great looking pics there.

I thought more like Billy Bob Thornton myself :)

If these were my wedding photos I would be happy with them.(y) I like the one of her flowers and the detail on her dress, that is different, and wish I had one like that

Back